11.

(A/N - I've made quite a few chapters, so I'll post around 4 of them x)

15th April, 1963

Paul loved his job, sure. He loved teaching, however wished he'd trained to be a primary school teacher instead. Because teaching cocky teenagers poems on a Monday afternoon when he was still feeling like shit about everything with John was really testing his patience.

He sat at his desk, wearing a black T-Shirt and brown blazer, staring at the wooden object infront of him as the kids' voices began to rise up.

"Oi. I said whispers." Paul glared, looking up at them, hand running stressfully through his hair. "Harvey, how much have you annotated?"

The young boy was cut off from what looked to be flirting with a young blonde girl sat behind him.

"Uh. Not a lot sir." He shrugged, turning around, one arm remaining on the girls desk.

"Why's that?"

"Don't know..."

Paul sighed, noticeably pissed of with them boys attitude, but he wasn't in the mood to talk it out.

"Go and stand outside."

"What, me?" He asked, shock on his face.

"Who else? Get out of my classroom!" Paul yelled, losing his temper. The students all went quiet when they heard Paul snap, it wasn't something he often did, but when it happened it always shocked them.

The young boy stood up and threw the door open. Paul watched, fiercely, running a hand through his hair, elbow leaning on the desk, as the door shut. He took a long deep breath.

"Get on with your annotations." He ordered, voice more lighter this time, not looking up.

After around 3 minutes of being in a different world where these teenagers weren't infront of him, the man remembered about the one teen still outside, thinking about what he was going to say. The kid could he a cocky brat, but the man had never yelled at him like that before.

He got up to his feet, heading to the door.

"Not a word while I'm gone." Paul warned, pointing his finger to his now confused class. They didn't know why he was being this stingy.

What the fuck am I gonna say...?

"Harvey." He eyed the boy. Closing the door with one hand. "Look, just... Don't- Don't flirt with Leanne or whatever during my class."

Great, he's gonna listen to that, isn't he?

"Are you sure that's it, sir?" But the boy looked more concerned than cocky, this time. "I mean, I flirt all the time... You've never yelled like that before..."

Paul took a large breath, losing eye contact with the 15 year old and turning his gaze to the floor.

"Yeah. Just problems with a friend." He sighed. "But it's nothing for you to worry about. And I'm sorry for going all... Psycho or whatever on you. You're not a bad kid."

"Take it easy, sir. Why don't you talk to your friend?"

Great, the kids giving me advice. I'm supposed to be the one doing that.

"He's not a great... Talker at the moment. He's in a bad place." But before Paul could continue, the school bell went for the end of the day. "Just don't flirt in my class next time, yeah?"

"Got it, sir." The teen smiled, watching as Paul opened the door for him.

Once all the sudents had left, he rushed round the room, collecting in any work books or text books he could find. The man threw them on his desk, grabbing the keys and his bag before leaving and locking the door to his class behind him.

He sighed, walking through the corridor's with his head down, manoeuvring his way through groups of students to the staff reception, to sign out. All the man wanted to do was get out, go home and listen to some records.

But his night was soon going to change, as he opened the doors to the reception.

John was stood there with a pram in front of him, staring at the baby inside. Confusion ran through Paul. This hadn't happened in weeks....

John used to show up to, as he liked to call it, 'walk Paul home from school' every Monday, knowing how those afternoons were the worst for him. It always cheered Paul up, but the man definitely wasn't expecting it today. Or anytime soon with how furious John had been.

"Johnny?" He asked, carefully approaching the man.

John's head whipped up, a look on his face which made Paul freeze. He couldn't tell what John was feeling, his face seemed so empty. After a few seconds of standing there, John spoke up.

"You just gonna stand there, or are we gonna walk?" He teased, face remaining the same expression.

Paul nodded, clutching onto the satchel around his shoulders and walking forward. The man signed his name on the way out, giving the receptionist a small smile.