19.

23rd April, 1963

"Hey, Paul...?" John asked, walking back into the living room with his guitar now in his hand, smiling when he saw the younger man playing with Julian, a wide smile on his face.

"Yeah?" He replied, not looking away from the boy he held in his arms and over his lap.

"Before all of this happened... Me and Cyn bought Julian's cot. We never got the time to put it up though, and we never got around to paintin' the room either. To be honest, I don't even think we have any paint..." He sighed. "But... Do you think you could help me do it up one day?"

"Yeah. Yeah of course." Paul smiled, now turning to look at John. "We can ask the other lads too."

Paul could see John smile too at that, as if a weight had been lifted off his shoulder.

"That would be amazing... I was gettin' so stressed over it all..."

"John, never be afraid to just ask." John nodded his head at that. "Also, we'll probably have to find a day that suits the other lads too, y'know?"

"Yeah. Shame that boss of George's is such a dick."

"I know." Paul agreed. "Anyway, is it tuned?" He asked, looking in the direction of John's guitar.

"Oh... Uh I don't think so, no."

"C'mere. I'll do it." The younger man said, passing Julian to John and reaching for the wooden object on the ground.

He sat back down, and within seconds he'd fully tuned the guitar again.

"God, you have a talent for that..." John said, staring at Paul. "I'm always amazed that you just know how to tune it without any sort of hesitation."

Paul looked back to John, a smile once again on his face.

"Want me to sing anythin'?"

"Hmmm.... What do you think, Julian?" They both looked down to the baby, who just stared up at John. "I think he wants to hear that one song that you wrote for us when we were in that band."

"John, I wrote many songs for the band."

"Yeah but c'mon, you must know the one I mean?"

"Let's see..." He played the beginning of a song that came into his mind first.

"No, not that one." John shook his head, relaxing back into the couch.

Paul nodded and played another song. "This?"

"No..."

"Jesus John, we could be here all day."

"I don't mind. I love hearin' you play..." At those words, Paul lifted his head up.

"Really?"

"Yeah... I mean, I know I play too, but watchin' you is like watchin' some sort of professional."

The younger man tried to prevent a blush appearing on his face at the compliment, looking down. He decided to ignore that sentence, and carry on playing songs.

John still enjoys my music?

He played the beginning of another song.

"That's it!" John called, making Paul jump. The boy in his arms, however, didn't move. "Go on, play the full thing for me and Jules. Please?"

The younger man stared at John, catching a glimpse of the eagerness he showed. The man clearly was desperate to hear the song.

"A-Alright..."