26.

25th April, 1963

The last thing Paul expected on his way home from work was to see John, stood on his street corner, peering from behind a fence at his front door like some sort of spy.

But to be honest, he didn't think he'd see John there at all.

It had been 2 days since it happened, and John hadn't called Paul once like he said he would, so the younger boy was very much in shock to see him.

He held the folder tightly in his hand, as he took a seat on the sofa. It had only just turned 4pm, and Jane wasn't due home until around 5, so the men both had plenty of time to talk about what had happened.

But for now, he thought it would just be best to stick to talking about the mysterious folder he held in his hands.

From... Astrid?

"Astrid?" He asked out loud to John, who he could see was sitting down on the sofa next to him from the corner of his eye. "When did you see Astrid?"

"Yesterday."

Paul nodded at that, thinking it was probably best not to ask why.

"What's in here then?"

"Some photos from when we were in the band." Paul lifted his head up to look at John.

The band? God, that felt like years ago...

"Really?"

"Yeah, that was my reaction too." John told him, standing up to put Julian back in the pram so he didn't have to sleep in John's arms. "She said there's a few in there of you with George or Stuart."

"Right..."

Paul was sort of nervous to open them.

The time when the boys had a band was one of the best times of Paul's life. Obviously it wasn't a proper job or anything, but he loved playing at the Cavern club on Saturday nights with his friends. They'd only 'split up' around two years ago, just before Stuart died.

He was aware that as soon as he opened the folder, he'd be filled with memories that would probably make his heart ache.

His once again shaky hand pulled out the first image.

He smiled, holding it up to the light so he could see it better

"Lord, I look half dead..." Paul joked, seeing John smile slightly from the corner of his eye.

" Paul joked, seeing John smile slightly from the corner of his eye