16.

21st April, 1963

John had planned to meet with George, Ringo and Paul that Saturday at the lake close by to all catch up. They hadn't been all together in ages, and John really needed his friends at the moment.

So here he was, walking through the open gate towards the lake, spotting Paul sat on a bench next to Ringo in the distance.

"Oh, hey. It's John!" Ringo noticed the man heading towards him, pushing Julian's pram infront of him. John waved back.

Paul's head whipped around, smiling when he noticed the man and immediately jumping to his feet.

"Johnny!" He called out, running up to John and wrapping him in a tight hug.

John hugged him back immediately, noticing Ringo peering inside the pram from behind Paul.

"If it isn't the three musketeers!" A voice from not too far away called out to them all.

George was heading towards the scene, a wide smile on his face. Paul pulled away from John, making the older man hold back a frown.

"Georgie!" Paul said, running up to George and also embracing him in a hug.

Ringo had now turned his attention also to the young man, smiling in his direction.

"What's up Georgie?" The eldest greeted, bringing George in for a hug as soon as Paul pulled away.

"Nothing much..." He shrugged.

"Bullshit George!" John called out, leaning lightly on the handle of the pram, trying to act casual. "He's got himself a bird."

"Oh my God! No fuckin' way!" Paul called out, obviously in shock.

"John you're not serious." Ringo laughed.

John nodded, looking past Ringo to the obviously embarrassed George.

"Lenny." The younger boy playfully scowled, resulting in a laugh from John.

"George, hes tellin' us shite, right?" Ringo asked, a confused and unsure smile on his face.

George shook his head. "Her names Pattie."

"Oh my fuckin, God!" Paul called out. "How long for? Why didn't you think to mention it to me and Richie?"

"I jus' didn't" He shrugged. "And we've been datin' for a month and like a week or somethin'. I only told John because I had to tell her I was leaving yesterday."

"Oh cheers, mate" John teased, pretending to be offended.

"That's how long it's been since we were all together, eh?" Ringo asked, looking to the ground.

"Yeah, seems like it..." Paul sighed. "We've all got things to do now. No more skipping school to smoke anymore." He laughed, brightening up the mood.

"Yeah..." Sighed George and John. After a few seconds of silence again, Ringo spoke back up.

"Did I tell you guys I quit my job?"

"What? No." Paul said, confused. "Mate I thought you liked stacking shelves?"

"It was alrigh'. But I like my new job better."

"Lemme guess." John stated, leaving inside the pram to pick Julian up. "Window cleaner?"

"Oi, give over." The eldest smiled. "No actually. I'm a DJ."

"Fuck off..." George gasped.

"Bullshit!" John laughed, looking over to Paul who stared in shock.

"No I'm bein' serious! Look, here's my card." Thee man said, reaching into his pocket for a small card with the name 'Ringo Starr' on it. He passed it over to John, who he could tell believed him the least. "Look at it."

"DJ Ringo Starr..." John read out, a smirk on his lips. "Starr?" He asked, passing the card over to George so he could hold Julian properly.

"Yeah, sounds way cooler than 'Starkey' don't you think?"

"I don't know son... Not sure if it'll stick..." John shrugged.

"I think it's cool. Runs off the tongue, eh Ringo Starr?" Paul suggested, smirking as he took the card from the youngest and studied it. "What do you think, Jules?"

"I think it's shite" John said, putting on a high voice and pretending to be Julian, causing a laugh from George and Paul. However Ringo shook his head in a playful annoyance.

"When I get popular I'll be down as Ringo Starr. Just watch me."

"Alrigh' Rich." George smiled. "Anyways, I've heard that this baby here has took a liking to you, Macca." The younger man pointed to Julian, stroking his cheek with his finger.

"Yeah, show us how you do it, Paul." Ringo requested, staring at Paul.

"Well... Okay." He shrugged, handing the piece of card back to Ringo. He turned to face John, giving him a smile. "Can I?"

"Yeah, go ahead." John smiled back, looking straight back into the younger man's stunning, doe eyes-

"Alrigh'" He took a few steps forward, his gaze falling back on the baby, who's eyes also locked with his as he sucked on his dummy. "C'mere, baby..." He smiled brightly, taking him out of John's arms and holding him close."This what you wanted?" The man asked the two men infront, who stared at him in slight jealousy and shock.

"Aw great." George frowned. "Now not only does John favourite you, Julian does too!" He teased, trying his best not to smirk.

"That's not true..." John defended fast. He knew that George was joking, but a part of his heart started to ache at those words.

Did they really believe that?

"I'm only messin' with you, Lenny." He smiled. "Don't worry about it."

"Oh..."

"Anyway, I brought somethin' with me." Paul chipped in, most likely sensing John's confusion. "Jane suggested it. It's in my backpack..."

"What is it?" Ringo asked, heading over to the man's bag, as his hands were full.

"Bread. She thought Julian might wanna feed the ducks?" The younger man smiled, causing a laugh to leave John's lips unexpectedly, all thoughts he'd previously had were lost.

"I dont think he'll be able to do that just yet, Macca."

"Well we can do it for him then, Johnny."

"I think that's a great idea, Paul." George smiled. "C'mon Lenny. It'll be fun!"

"Yeah, Julian can learn." Ringo suggested, pulling the bag of bread from Paul's backpack and zipping it shut.

Why not, John?

John nodded in acceptance. "Alright. But I want the first throw."

(A/N - I wrote 3/4 of this on my laptop and I'm just getting used to the control's, so sorry if some things are wrong. I'm used to my phone screen lmao.)