Chapter 5: Subway......Eat Flesh

After going through the door, you two were met with yet another alleyway-esk area. 

When do these ever end?

You continued through different area till you were met with a street, flooded with broken and abandoned cars. You could see in the distance a large bridge that had so much infectious stuff on it. It was very hard to describe. It looked like a giant ball that took up about half the bridge, just pulsating with life. You hoped it wasn't alive anyway.

You both walked through fenced gate, like others you've seen in the city. This lead to a bright orange door, into a building. Bringing a few more infected your way, you both swiftly took them out. Climbing up some stairs, it brought you to the second floor and into a control room. You and JIll observed the lit up control panel. You spotted a note in a book and you piped up about it.

"Hey, this says that we can activate the four main breaker switches that will fix the electricity." You explained, looking up at Jill.

"Good find, lets go see what we're getting ourselves into."

You nodded and walked out the door of the control room, only to turn back around. You both caught your breathe, not even wanting to describe what that area smelled like. Jill stood back up and looked at the door.

"I don't want you to be in there, I'll go alone."

You immediately interjected, "No way, you can't do this alone."

"No I can't," She started " That's why you'll be in here to guide me." She walked over to the lit up panel, you following over. "This has to be a map of the area, right? So you'll be guiding me through the radio you have to tell me where each breaker is."

You knew she was right, otherwise you'd both be wandering for a good while. This would make it much faster. 

"Yeah....but what if something happens? And I can't get to you in time?" You said, worried about her. You knew she was a cop, she was strong.....but anything could happen at this point.

Jill placed a hand on your shoulder, looking down at you with caring eyes.

"If anything happens to me, you'll radio Carlos instantly alright?"

You nodded at her, speaking in a lower voice. "Okay, I will."

Jill nodded back at you before walking over to the door.

"We'll get this done before you know it, I promise. I'll radio you when I'm ready." And with that, she went back out.

You took a shaky breath, looking at the layout of the area. All you could think about was not messing it up for her.

                                                        ----------25 Minutes Later----------           

After lots mindful guiding and countless mini panic attacks, you helped Jill get the breakers on. And as soon as that door swung open and closed, you walked over to Jill and hugged her. It took her back a little, but she knew you were very worried and scared for her.

"It's alright, I'm okay. Let's get this main switch on." She said, sounding exhausted.

You pulled back, just wanting to get this whole thing over with.

You pulled down on the main switch, and watched the static causing the 'nest' to collapse.

You and Jill looked at each other pretty satisfied after that.

The both of you made your way back through the building, Jill radioing over to Carlos.

"Carlos, its Jill and Y/N here, we've restored power to the subway."