Chapter 8: The Loss of a Limb

You crouched low, almost halfway down the stairs at this point. Your parents were having a slight argument, you didn't know what it was about at all. But you paid a bit more attention when your named popped up.

"Y/N can't make that decision , honey. Our child is only eight years old."

It was a woman's voice you only knew as your mother. You loved her to pieces, but she sounded a bit upset. 

"Well you know if we can't do this soon, the court is going to decide for us. And if neither of us are deemed suitable..." 

It was a deep voice of a man, and that was your father. What decision were they on about?

"I know, and we can't have that for our child. We'll have to talk to Y/N tomorrow after school." Your mother said, guess you were getting a talk you needed to prepare for.

"Yeah, well if you hadn't gone to that place like I said not to then this wouldn't be happe-"

"Well Gerald, maybe if you actually told me who they were and how you were associated with them, I wouldn't have gone."

After that they started to raise their voices at each other. Getting a bit louder the longer the argument went on. You were eventually near the bottom of the stairs, peaking your head around the corner. Then you witnessed something you've never seen your mother do.

She slapped your father across the face.

You finally reached the bottom, standing in the doorway of the dining room.

"M-Mommy? W.....Why?" You asked, shaken up with tears in your eyes.

"Sweetie I-"

Before your mom could even get a sentence out, you bolted up the stairs crying yourself a river. You ran into your room, slamming the door shut and locking it. You hear footsteps come after you, but you were too overwhelmed at this point to even pay attention.

You eventually started hearing your name being called out, but it sounded distant.

"Y/n..."

You listened closer, wiping tears from your eyes. Your name started to get louder.

"Y/N..."

You realized it wasn't your parents voices calling you out, but somehow it was familiar.

"Y/N!"

Your eyes snapped open and the world came in around you once more. You were breathing heavily, each breath causing an inhale of smoke into your lungs. You realized your head was placed in somebody's lap as you turned your head to look up.

"Oh thank god, are you alright? I've been trying to wake you up for fifteen minutes now.."

It was Jill, and oh boy were you glad to see her.

"Jill....what happened?" You asked quietly, your voice gravely and rough.

"Well, that creature came back and Mikhail....he exploded the train to get rid of it."

You thought for a moment, recalling those moments briefly before you blacked out.

"Yeah...I remember now....you think its dead?"

You watched Jill look around for a minute before she spoke again.

"Honestly? We can only hope, but I've got a good feeling at this point it's not. But there's something else we need to take care of.."

"And what's that?" You asked. Jill reached at your right side, carefully lifting up your arm. You were confused for a moment before you saw half of it was gone, wrapped up with some now bloody bandages.

A New Found Humanity (RE: 3 Remake Book) (COMPLETED)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara