Chapter 15: The End of the Line

After being heaved up by the crane, you found a door and pushed on through. It was quiet and you appreciated it for once. Now to find this Russian bastard and get that vaccine back.

You pressed forward through the long hallway, going through the door on the end. This brought you to a large room, but you were on the upper half walking on a grated pathway. You went through yet another door....but this one had a surprise on the other side.

Nicholai.

Seeing his face made you both draw out your weapons as well as him.

"Its done, give us the vaccine you greedy son of a bitch." You said, full of anger.

"Oh no no no no. You print money. I like money. We shall make ours an ongoing arrangement. Now drop your weapons!" He said, you both not giving in.

But the silence was quickly interrupted by a sudden explosion in the wall. This sent all of you flying. You and Jill got blasted into another room while Nicholai got shoved onto the grated pathway.

You were the first to see it. The amalgamation that was supposed to be the Nemesis. It looked like a giant worm of blood and muscle, acid spilling out underneath it. That's when it sprouted open like a flower, tentacles shooting out and sticking themselves to the walls and roof around it.

That's when you saw Nicholai making a break for the exit. What a coward.

"Hey!" It was Carlos.

"Go after Nicholai! He's got the vaccine!" Jill shouted.

"What about you guys?"

"We'll be fine! Get that vaccine before its too late!" You shouted as well, Carlos nodding as he sped off.

Now getting a good look at Nemesis, it really looked like a withered and decaying plant of some kind. Things were moving and stuck together, not being able to function properly. But all it wanted to was kill you both....that wasn't going to happen though.

Jill started firing a few bullets, them not doing a damn thing.

"Jill, bullets aren't gonna cut it...we need something else.." You looked around before turning behind you. You saw a compartment and touched the screen, it starting to open up.

"Bingo." You said as it revealed a weapon....a lazor cannon to be exact.

"Now we're talking." Jill said, taking out the large object.

You stood behind as she fired it at the creature. It cackled and sparked, looking like lightning. Then it fired, destroying a section of the creature. Canisters popped open on either side of the room as the lazor needed to cool down. She put it back where it was, now looking at the problem. It couldn't charge unless they all were sealed properly. You both stood there for moment before Jill spoke up.

"There! Its got some weak spots I can shoot at."

"Good, I'll go fix the canisters." You said, and with that you both did your part. Jill fired shots while you went over to one of the canisters. 

You leaned your whole body into it, pushing as hard as you could. It was tough, but you were tougher. It clicked in place as you heard something drop quite loudly. You whipped yourself around to see the monster down on the ground.

"No time to waste, there's more canisters over here!" Jill said, you both now sprinting over. 

With the both of you, the canister pushing went by much faster. By the time the last one was pushed in place, it started to get up again. So you both ran back to the cannon, repeating the process. Jill grabbed it, firing it up and releasing the energy inside. It made a direct hit and it went down. With some power still left, you both walked over to its tiny head- compared to the rest of its body anyway. She stuck the head of the cannon in its gaping mouth, firing it up.