Chapter 11: It Worked

An hour went by and still nothing. You were beginning to lose hope.

That's when the door came flying open, Carlos standing up immediately and pointing his gun at the person. Your guard went up as you didn't recognize this person as you got up as well.

"Jesus Tyrell. What the hell happened?"

You calmed down, seeing Carlos knew who it was. It just happened to be the infamous Tyrell that Carlos talked to through intercoms. Not saying a word though, Tyrell sat down on a stool and turned on the t.v. with a nearby remote. A lady's voice came on with the following announcement.

"Attention all citizens. The contagion spreading throughout the city has be designated uncontainable. On October 1st, Raccoon City will be completely destroyed in a missile strike. All residents capable of rational thoughts are urged to evacuate immediately. This is not a test."

The lay went on to repeat the speech, it being stuck on loop. Carlos spoke up over it, slightly concerned.

"Man that's only a day away. There's still people in the city!"

Banging and distant groans were heard outside the walls of the hospital. You knew they were coming.

"Fuck. Here they come." Tyrell said, his vocal chords straining from pain. You don't know what he went through, but it was obvious he was injured. So you stepped over to him, speaking up.

"Take it easy. We can handle it."

Tyrell looked at the both of you, then he saw your arm.

"You shouldn't go out there. Something else could happen to you."

"I made it this far. I'm not stopping now. I'm gonna fight like this whether people like it or not."

You said before heading towards the door. Tyrell sighed, looking at Carlos.

"Just...watch over the kid, Carlos."

"I will." He said, nodding a bit. 

He walked over to the door, standing by your side.

"Let's go out there and barricade this door just in case anything happens, alright?"

You nodded as you pushed open the door, ready to protect your friends.

After about ten minutes, you used almost everything around you to block off the door. That's when Tyrell came in through your radio.

"I'm gonna try and lower the window shutters! The less entry points, the better!"

"How do you plan on doing that?" You asked, curious.

"I'm gonna hack into the hospitals security system. Keep 'em off me in the meantime!"

"We'll buy you as much time as we can." You said, putting your radio away in exchange for your knife.

The two of you put yourselves in the center of the lobby, eyes on all the windows around you.

Time to bash some brains.

You slaughtered through countless infected, bodies dropping by the second. About fifteen minutes later, the shutters were almost closed and it seemed the horde was slowing down a bit. But you couldn't leave your guard down for long. In a matter of seconds, infected poured through the front door. You saw a detonator on the floor nearby, showing Carlos. He quickly scanned the room, backing up as the crowd drew near.

"I'll distract them, set it up under that pillar." He said, pointing at one on the opposite side of the room.

"It'll come crashing down though-" You said, before being cutoff.

"That's exactly what we want. Now go!"

You nodded as you held the bomb close to your chest, sprinting past the crowd. Carlos fired shots to distract them from you as you set it up. As soon as the time came up, you made a b-line back to Carlos.

"Twenty seconds!" You shouted, starting to kill a few infected. 

Not too long after that, it started to beep loudly indicating that you needed to hide. Carlos grabbed you and pulled you behind a large counter, his arms surrounding you. Moments later, the pillar came crashing down in front of the door taking some of the roof with it. You both peered over the counter after a moment of pure silence, sighing of relief. Your radio went off, Tyrell speaking through it.

"You two okay?"

"Alive to say the least. But its over now." You said, slowly standing up from where you were hiding.

After bringing down the barricade, you joined back with Tyrell. Jill was still unconscious, but was still alive.

"Vaccines the real deal." Tyrell said, looking at Jill then at Carlos.

"Good." Carlos responded, loading up his gun.

"You goin' somewhere?"

"Damn right."

"What do you think your gonna do? The whole city is about to be microwaved." Tyrell had a good point. There wasn't much you could do at the moment.

"C'mon man. Call the government. Tell them we found a cure. You stall for time!" And with that Carlos left. You looked back at Tyrell who was still looking at the door.

"Ballsy motherfucker."

---------------An Hour Later---------------

You were asleep in the chair, lightly sleeping at that. You were resting your arms and head on the bed where Jill was. When you felt shifting, you slowly opened your eyes. Lifting your head up, you saw Jill up and awake. You couldn't believe it.

"Jill..?"

She looked down and smiled a bit when she saw you.

"Hey."

You smiled as well as you stood up and hugged her gently. She gladly returned the hug, happy to see you again.

"It worked....it really worked.." You said softly.

Jill pulled back, slightly confused. "What worked?"

You briefly explained what you and Carlos did and what you found. Jill took it all in before nodding.

You stood up and helped her up as well, given she was out for almost two days. You walked out of the room and saw Tyrell sitting at the counter.

"Morning sunshine."

"Where's Carlos? I want to thank him for saving me as well."

"That crazy bastard went underground. Bard stockpiled the vaccine, enough to give the city some hope." Tyrell explained.

"He thinks he can do this by himself. We're going after him." You said, jumping into the conversation.

"Y/N, you saw the broadcast. They're gonna blow the city sky high. I'm trying to get ahold of someone, anyone with clearance to stop it. Leave this mess to him, he's a professional."

You  and Jill looked at each other before looking back.

"So are we."

You both said as you pushed through the double doors. 

What were you thinking Carlos?

1,007 Words

((Sorry these chapters keep getting spaced out. Motivation is running low so I'm just gonna have to push through this and get it done. Don't get me wrong, its so fun to write out these scenarios. I just really want to start my next book :') I'll see you in the next chapter.        ~Galaxy