Chapter 12: Another Loss

As you and Jill prowled through hospital making sure you didn't miss anything you came across a door that lead down. These stairs lead to another door that opened up to a fogged up underground area. The both of you plowed through several more doors before coming into a more open area. Cars and trucks were scattered around as well as some construction supplies. You were definitely underground at this point. 

Progressing through, you found a control panel and Jill looked at it briefly before pulling down the level. The whole platform that you stood on started to lower for a moment before stopping. You were brought into another area similar to the one you were just in. Stepping forward Jill spotted another panel. Pulling the lever once more, a smaller platform came down. Repeating your actions, you pushed the lever and it brought you up higher. You both stepped off and went through a set of double doors, taking in the area around you.

You were in a warehouse-esk situation. You looked around, spotting a figure in a window and nudged Jill. She nodded and you both went down some stairs and over to the area under that window. There was a small platform like the one you used before, so you stepped on to use it. But once you pulled that lever, it shocked you as the lights went out. You instantly pulled your hand away, jumping back in surprise. That's when a voice was heard...and you weren't happy to hear it.

"I must admit, I respect your tenacity. But I'm afraid our games end here."

Fucking Nicholai.

You practically ran out of that area to still see him standing in that window. Looking up at him, you spoke up.

"You think this is over? We're going to get you, you bastard."

You only saw him walk away, shaking his head. You growled a bit, ready to shout at him to come back. Jill came by your side, resting a hand on your shoulder.

"It's fine. We'll get him at our own pace."

You nodded a little as Jill turned on her flashlight so you could see. For the next fifteen or so minutes, you walked around trying to find fuses to fix the breaker. Eventually after finding them all, you returned to the lift and slapped those fuses into the breaker. Everything came back on so you no longer needed your flashlights. You stepped onto the lift and took in a breath as you attempted to use the lever again. This time, you went shock free as it took you up. After realizing Nicholai wasn't there, you looked around a bit. You saw that one of the control panel screens was still lit up. You and Jill read through, piecing some things together. 

The screen stated everything that you and Jill had gone through. From being with Brad all the way to Jill getting infected. It was crazy how much Nicholai knew. You were thinking through a few things before you heard the lift start up. The two of you whipped around to draw out your weapons, watching as the person came up. When they did, you sighed of relief. It was Tyrell.

"Jill, Y/N."

"Tyrell." Jill said as you smiled a bit. It was good to see a familiar face.

He walked over to you both as he spoke, still not looking his best.

"I got through. They're willing to negotiate-" He said before grunting and leaning onto the panel in front of you. You worried for him, but he only continued to speak.

"They'll call off the strike, if- and this is one big ass 'if'....we can deliver the vaccine to them before they launch.

"How much time do we have?" You asked, a look of hope sparking your eyes.

"Hours, maybe." Tyrell said, still shifting uncomfortably.

You looked at Jill as she still looked at Tyrell.

"Then let's  not waste another second."

You and Tyrell nodded as you all headed for the door on the opposite side of the room. Tyrell punched in the code for the door, he stepping in front of the both of you. Once it opened, Tyrell went ahead you and Jill tried to remain behind him. He seemed like he knew what he was doing. He stopped for a brief moment, really looking in bad shape. So Jill took the lead for now, followed by you. 

The door in front of you opened swiftly, it being automatic. You all drew out your weapons, glancing down the hallways in case of any enemies. Once the coast seemed clear, you lowered your weapons. Big mistake.

Fast approaching footsteps could be heard, and as soon as you turned around you witnessed Tyrell getting thrown into a wall. Looking down the hall, you saw what caused that. The thing was back, more bloodthirsty than ever.

"Tyrell!" You yelled, running over at his side. 

You could hear Jill firing off shots as you tried to help him to his feet. Once you stood him up and got him walking, a long red tendril came up from behind you both and pierced him right through his stomach. He was flung back as you turned around, Jill putting her gun away. 

"Go...GO!" Tyrell shouted as his body hung in the air. Flashbacks of Mikhail flooded your vision for a brief moment, as it was an almost identical memory. Then, Tyrell was once more throw into a wall harshly. This time...he wasn't getting back up. He laid lifeless as blood spilled out from his body, covering the white tiled floor around him.

The monster roared loudly as the two of you began to back up.

"Shit...RUN!" You shouted as you both booked it down the hallway.

You could hear it coming after you, it's footsteps pounding into the floor with each step. You kept going until you saw a large opening. You both took advantage of it, sprinting harder than you did before. As you ran into the room, Jill hit a large red button before rolling into the room, you dragging her in by your only hand. You both caught you breath as the creature began to pound furiously at the door. After realizing it couldn't get in, it stopped. 

You helped Jill off the floor, looking at each other afterwards. Once you were both calm and collected, you pressed forward.

You needed to get to the vaccine before the whole city went flat.

1,079 Words

((Hey guys! Ain't got much to say except that I am predicting that this book will be finished by the 15th or 16th chapter. Your nearing the end of your journey, so it won't take long for me to finish it. Thank you for all the love and support as always! I'll see you in the next chapter. ~Galaxy