Raspy Tones, Football, and Guests

I hung up immediately, I knew who that voice was anywhere. Oh, that raspy uneven tone that drove me crazy when he used it. Andrew gave me a look and I couldn't return even a quick one, I couldn't let him see the crazy in my eyes. He hadn't contacted me in years, why now? Why would he even care anymore? He abandoned me when I was so young that his image was starting to disappear, I didn't remember many things we did together, but I remember the day he told me he was leaving. He said he couldn't do this rejection anymore and promised to come back for me and our little brother once he had a job and a stable home to live in. He never came back for us. I've moved on and Daniel was way too little to remember his cruel promise anyway. I don't even think he knew he had an older brother, Brady is his name. My dad had abused him mentally for years and Brady couldn't take it anymore, once he graduated high school he went straight to college with a full scholarship in football. All the way to Oregon State, that was a long way from our normal city in Georgia, and maybe he did abandon us but at the time it was for the better. He was going to come back, he promised he would, for me and Danny. Weeks turned into months, and month after month we waited for a call or a text, even a letter, yet nothing came for us. Months turned to years as we waited patiently and little by little our faith in Brady dissolved. I moved on, Danny forgot, and we took the absence of parents as a good thing. Then Danny got in the way of that stupid drunk driver and gosh I would do anything to go back and make that me. "Is everything okay?" Andrew asks while we are cruising down the road, "Take me home." Andrew slams on the brakes "What? No. Do you know how much trouble your going to be in?" A tear slipped down my cheek "Please Andrew, just take me home." I manage to croak out and he pulls over into a hotel parking lot, as he reaches over for my hand I push it away. "I can't do it. Don't, please, I will break down. I'm sorry..." Andrew interrupts me "Who was that on the phone." I wipe my tears quickly, that is the one thing Andrew doesn't know. He is my best friend but I can't tell someone that, it's just too hard. I shake my head silently and peel the hair that is stuck to my tear stained face. He opens his door and walks around to mine, "We're staying here for tonight, okay?" He mentions carrying me to the doors and I don't object. It was nice knowing at least someone cared about me, I laid my head on his shoulder as he waked through the parking lot and I don't know if it was the steady movement or the smell of him but I fell asleep in his arms and didn't wake up. I was woken up by an uncalled for toss on the hotel bed and Andrew laughed in my face when I screamed and punched the air. "I'm going to sleep on the couch. I'll check on you in the morning, if you need me I am one door away." I grimaced at the pain in my lower back, I guess Andrew carrying me wasn't the best idea. I rubbed slow circles as I curled up in the uncomfortable bed. I thought of the things I would do to him since he gave me a mini heart attack. I was content and about to fall asleep when my phone gave me yet another small heart attack. I picked it up knowing who it was, he would keep calling so I might as well face it. Brady was a stubborn, tall, caring, thoughtful brother; what he was not good at is names and dates. I answered the phone and whispered into the receiver "Hello?" He yelled out "It's me Brady! Why are you whispering?" I rolled my eyes secretly "My friend is asleep, and I however am trying to fall asleep, but someone named Brady isn't letting me." It was a natural response to joke around with my brother, he would always do that with me. I snapped out of the playful sister mode and remembered what he did to me all those years, and did he even care? "What do you want? I growled and I could just imagine him throwing his hands up in the air when he said "Wow, someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed." I rolled my eyes, says the one who left for most of my life. "Well?" I questioned grouchily, "I'm coming home." My heart crumpled to a million pieces at once and I wanted him so much that my head pounded. There isn't words to describe the happiness I felt and I couldn't get enough of it. Hot, happy tears spilled down my cheeks and I wanted to run up and hug him and never let him go again, "I'm on my way to the airport I'll be home soon. I can't wait to see you and Danny my man." My face fell, he doesn't know. I hung up the phone, maybe it was better that he was gone.

::::Syds Note; I know, another cliff hanger, I'm so mean to y'all. So I'm typing on a phone and I'm so sorry if there are any spelling or grammar mistakes. Maybe not, I hate editing. So updates may be slow since it's Christmas break and all, and my computer crashed but ya know. Maybe not since I love you guys!::