47:\\ Innocent

*Warning: slightly gruesome descriptions, read at your own discretion.

Bailey

I didn't do anything wrong. I'm innocent. That man was trying to rob my house. I was defending myself.

They don't understand me. I don't eat people. I don't hurt people. I am innocent.

I did nothing wrong. I'm not lying to the police.

I did not bite him, he did not get hurt. He cut his hand and I tried helping him stop the bleeding. I don't know why they arrested me. I did nothing wrong.

Amy will tell them. She knows I wouldn't ever hurt anyone. I love people. I don't even eat! I lost seventy pounds so why would I eat people? That's wrong. It is disgusting.

I did not do anything wrong.

I grimaced at the wall. They had me in handcuffs and forced me to sit in a room alone where I could simply stare at the wall. I glared at it, imagining it was the faces of the cops that invaded my privacy and arrested me when I did nothing wrong.

I am innocent and nobody understands me. I am the victim here, not the man who broke into my house and stole my knife.

"Miss Bloom." A voice called through the speakers in my blank room. I glanced around, staring at the one-way glass and knowing some jerk who had captured me, like I was some sort of animal, was hiding behind the glass. I stood up and walked toward the glass.

"I'm innocent. You can't detain an innocent person." I glared at my reflection, wondering how many people were on the other side of the glass and how stupid they all must be.

"Please sit down Miss Bloom."

"Take these handcuffs off and I will. You treat me like an animal and I'll start acting like one." I glared. Where was Amy. I didn't want these morons to stare at me any longer. It made me uncomfortable.

It made me hurt to know that these people already announced me guilty without any proof. I felt my stomach growl as I was growing hungrier by the second. I hadn't eaten in a while and everything looked appetizing.

Suddenly the doors opened and two men walked in. Men in suits, my favorites.

They grabbed me and forced me into the seat.

"Next time choke me," I winked at the taller one. Their faces had helmets covering them so I couldn't see the happy faces they made when they heard me talk.

They held me down in my seat as I continued to gaze at my reflection.

A few moments later, a woman walked into the room and sat across from me at the table.

"Why am I still in handcuffs? I'm innocent." I glared at her as she maintained a poker face.

"Bailey Bloom, you murdered Ethan..." The woman began speaking, her long blonde hair tied in a sleek bun. She looked unfriendly to say the least.

"I didn't do anything!" I interrupted, trying to clear my name. I wondered why they'd come to this conclusion so quickly. Why was this assumption made about me when I had literally done nothing wrong. I'm innocent. "What happened to innocent until proven guilty? I'm innocent, lady!"

"Miss Bloom, we have reason to believe that you knocked out the victim and stabbed him several times prior to biting his fingers off." The detective said as a horrified look filled my face.

"Ew! I wouldn't do that! That's so gross! It wasn't me!" I announced, tears pouring down my eyes. "I couldn't even hurt a fly much less kill a man!"

The detective watched me carefully.

"So you're claiming that you did not kill..."

"I would never kill anyone. I don't even know how to use a knife! Someone else must've snuck into my house."

"Miss Bloom, when we arrived at the scene, you claimed that he had snuck into your house and you were simply defending yourself. Security footage showed that you and him walked into your home at the same time. Now you can either admit to the murder or we can place you under a lie detector." The mean lady said.

"Look Miss Lady, I didn't hurt anyone. He snuck into my house. Did you consider that security footage could've been messed with!? Somebody is out to get me, they've been tracking me for months!" I exclaimed. This seemed sufficient enough for the men to release me as I eyes them carefully, wondering what their noses looked like beneath the helmets; how they would taste.

"Okay Miss Bloom, we will keep you in your cell as this is an ongoing investigation. Can you give us a description of who you believe is following you?"

I thought back to the one man who broke my sisters heart. Aaron Paul, he was following me sometimes, he certainly looked capable enough to commit a murder. Maybe it was him who was at my house and decided to kill that Ethan guy.

"I don't know his name but I can describe him!" I announced, stating at the sparkly blue eyes of the detective lady. I looked at the ring on her finger, perhaps whoever she was married to could help me convince them that I didn't kill anyone.

"Fine. Miss Bloom, give us a description now and we can bring in the sketch artist later this afternoon for a drawing of your stalker." The detective said. I wondered if she was just humoring me, it seemed like my innocence was nonexistent the moment they handcuffed me. I was adamant.

I didn't hurt anyone. I would never.

"He's tall, about six feet and maybe four inches I don't know, just pretty tall. He's got dark brown hair that's slightly tussled most of the time but it's not long or anything and he has gray eyes and slightly full lips. And he's pretty muscular, fit, whatever the term is with a strong jawline. I know he spent some time around my sister because that's how he would stalk me. I know he was the one who murdered that guy." I declared, pursing my lips as the detective turned her head to the mirror and nodded.

"Thank you miss Bloom." The lady said, turning on her heels and leaving the room. The two men followed shortly after as I eyed them carefully.

They left me alone for a couple minutes as I remained seated, handcuffs on, staring at the wall. I wondered if there was anyone on the other side of the mirror anymore or why they hadn't put in the jail cell yet.

"Helloooooo!" I exclaimed after a few minutes, "can someone take these handcuffs off me. I'm innocent so I don't know why these handcuffs are still on."

Nobody answered. I headed toward the door, turning around to try to open it with my cuffed hands.

It was locked. I grew angry, rushing over to the mirror and knocking my head against it.

"LET ME OUT!" I shouted. No answer.

"Let me out! I'm innocent!"

"Miss Bloom, please sit down, we will get back to you shortly." A male voice spoke as I glared at the mirror. I wanted them to know that I could see them, at least imagine what they look like so I could gouge their eyes out. How dare they!?

I spat on the mirror and returned to the chair.

I'm innocent. Why won't they listen to me and set me free. I just want to go home.

Bailey's story: "Butterfly of Gold" is now available on my profile!

In case you're interested in getting the totally edited/revised/changed paperback version of this book:

AMAZON PAPERBACK LINK: https://www.amazon.com/Boy-Who-Read-Minds-ebook/dp/B08RYV11F2/ref=sr_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=veronica+Soliman&qid=1609863783&sr=8-3

Barnes and Noble: (Link will be available in the coming weeks)

Apple Store: (Link will be available in the coming weeks)