65:\\ Bulldozer

Aaron

"Aaron, have you heard from Violet recently?" Amelia had called me to ask and I had no idea. I genuinely thought she was just avoiding me after what happened with Stacy. She'd gotten upset that I didn't want to pick up her friend from the hospital. I couldn't understand why, and when we did, she got upset that I had been rude to Stacy the entire time. It's not my fault that Stacy screwed you over... and you decided to forgive her?

I genuinely could have never done that.

And then I leave her for one day, just one day so I can visit Tyler like I had promised. And Violet was gone. Disappeared, gone from existence.

I tried calling her, checking any security footage, anything at all. I couldn't find her, and her mom didn't even know where she was. And then I decided that perhaps she needed some space from me.

Maybe she wasn't happy that I had figured out it was Joseph and this was her way of punishing me. She had said it was fine though.

It just didn't click. Violet was too mature to ignore people as a way of punishing them; that's child's play. She was always very blatant about what made her upset and wouldn't hesitate to call me annoying.

"No, I haven't. I've been trying to call, but she hasn't been at school and I don't know if she's okay." I said. That last line struck something deep within me because a roaring anger soaked my entire being. Was she okay? Was she alive? Did somebody hurt her?

I wondered if somebody had taken her. My only options were:

Amy, but I doubt she cared to kidnap Violet when she was dealing with so much. Speaking of, I would need to see how she was doing today. Also she has nothing against Violet as far as I knew so that rules her out completely.

Stacy, but I don't think she would hurt somebody who helped her in her time of need. Knowing Stacy's thoughts she was devastated by Jared's death and that's all that had been circling around in her mind since I last saw her and anytime I bumped into her at school. Automatically ruled out too; she couldn't do anything malicious enough.

Tyler and Trina were ruled out because I was with them the day Violet went missing.

Amelia wouldn't hurt her own daughter.

That left just two people: Joseph and Violet's father. I wondered if they had conspired together. I didn't know what Dooley would have against his own daughter; I hardly saw them together anyway.

So that narrowed it down to one person: Joseph.

"Okay Aaron, if you find her, let me know; I'm going to report her as a missing person to the police right now." Amelia said, she sounded distressed. I could only imagine the pain a mother feels when she loses her child because while I'm not Violet's mother, I was hurting too.

"Will do Mrs. V." I said, hanging up the phone and knowing exactly what I had to do.

I hopped in my car, memories of all the times Violet and I had stupidly hung out in here and laughed until our lungs couldn't hold air anymore. Three days was the longest we had been apart for months and I was worried exponentially. It wasn't like I was dependent on her presence, it was just the fact that we had grown so comfortable with each other. I would easily consider her my best friend.