58:\\ She's My Sister

cw: graphic/ possibly disturbing content

Amy

"Pick me you Amy, I'm so scared here." Bailey exclaimed on the phone. I wasn't sure what I could do for her. I had no money and my parents were flying in from Spain today to visit her. Things had escalated after forensics had examined Ethan's body.

All signs pointed to my sister and I wasn't sure who to believe. She had been held in prison for almost two weeks now as they worked to track Ethan's killer. I couldn't imagine Bailey hurting anyone. I had been interrogated several times, they asked me if my sister ever showed any strange behaviors and obviously I said no. I didn't want Bailey getting hurt or going to jail. That's my sister. I have to protect her.

She'd spent all her time focusing on herself and improving herself, working hard in college classes and such. I just couldn't visualize her doing something so gruesome.

They had shown me extremely graphic images when the detectives had taken me to the precinct. They showed me a picture of my kitchen floor which had been covered by a tarp, there was Ketamine found in a small bottle to sedate him. I wondered where she'd gotten ketamine from, there was no way she could've stolen it, unless she knew somebody willing to give it to her.

It didn't make sense to me. Why would she have any incentive to murder somebody, especially Violet's mom's boyfriend; which I later found out was Jared's dad and now Jared was gone too. It seemed like somebody else could have conspired against their family. It couldn't have been Bailey.

When I visited her on this cloudy Saturday morning, the security relunctantly let me enter in a confined room with just her. It was like an outdoor cell with bars on the ceiling and concrete walls surrounding us as the sun shined onto the concrete bench at the center.

One of them had ensured me that she was crazy. Was it even legal for them to call people crazy? That was rude and offensive; she's my sister.

"Bailey! Oh my gosh! Look at you!" I exclaimed, running over to hug her. She looked extremely pale, her blonde hair looked so thin and she looked frail. How could somebody like this even be capable of murder?

"Amy! Where are mom and dad? I need them to bail me out, I don't know why I'm here. Believe me, I didn't do anything." Tears streamed down her cheeks as I watched her.

All the evidence seemed to point to her, but I was hopeful that she had been framed. The words of the detectives had run through my mind far too many times and my gut kept telling me that Bailey has always been a compulsive liar. I didn't know what to think or do. She's my sister. I'd never seen her hurt anyone.

It did seem kind of strange that she was still hanging around town when her college was almost an hour away. I thought back to the occasions when I had walked in on her with a random man sleeping beside her.

I'd always assumed she was just relaxing and hanging out with her many guy friends; I always thought she was cool like that. It's one of the main reasons why I started hanging out with Aaron; so I can be more like Bailey.

But now that I thought about it; I'd never once spoken to any of the guy friends. It probably explained the ketamine. I wondered where she'd gotten the sedative from; did she know an anesthesiologist or a pharmacist that could've given it to her?

"I don't know; they should be flying home soon and they should try to bail you out."

"I'm so sick of being here. The food is gross and I don't have any of my friends here." She complained, running a hand through her musty hair. The sun shining on her made it look almost white.

Friends. I didn't really have any friends either. Aaron and Violet were probably the only two friends I had left in this world and they only hung out with me out of pity. Even Tyler had left me broken and sad. He was selfish; caring only about his weird problems with the quiet girl. I didn't understand why he suddenly started hanging out with her, but I knew Tyler had a thing for blondes and she wasn't exactly ugly.

"Did you do it Bailey? Did you kill and try to eat that guy?" I asked suddenly.

"You too?! None of these people believe me! No!! I would never do that!" She exclaimed.

I stared at her cautiously. All the evidence pointed to her; I couldn't seem to wrap my head around her mere words when all the evidence was against her. There was a tarp covered in blood in our kitchen floor, there were bite marks on the man, and several bottles of a sedative was found in her room. I couldn't believe her.

"Oh my god!" I began to panic. I was sitting in front of a murderer. It all made sense now. "Oh my god! You did didn't you! Why!"

"I didn't!" She growled sharply, grabbing my wrist and tightening her grip around it.

"Ouch, Bailey, let go! That hurts." I said.

"I didn't do it! Why don't you believe me?" She was twisting my arm backwards as I feared that she would break it. My heart was racing as I searched the room, holding a camera or a police officer would save me.

"You had blood on your face and your bite marks match the ones on his body! There was blood all over our floor and ouch! Bailey let go!" I shouted as I felt a muscle tighten. "Stop! Help! Somebody help!" I shouted loudly as officers barged in and separated us. Tears streamed down my face as I watched her. She looked pitiless, emotionless.

They put handcuffs around her wrists as she glared at me. My arm had turned red where her hand was; she was stronger than she looked.

Oh my god. Oh my god!

Bailey is a psychopath.

In case you're interested in getting the totally edited/revised/changed paperback version of this book:

AMAZON PAPERBACK LINK: https://www.amazon.com/Boy-Who-Read-Minds-ebook/dp/B08RYV11F2/ref=sr_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=veronica+Soliman&qid=1609863783&sr=8-3

The series includes:
1. The Boy Who Read Minds (completed!)

2. The Boy Who Solved Crimes

2.5 Bailey's Story (Butterflies of Gold)

3. Joseph's Story (An Era Away)

3.5 Anya (Tyler's Story)