55:\\ Birds Eye View

Joseph

She wasn't at school today. She wasn't here.

I had no way of accessing her location either. She was stupid enough to forget to un-share her location with me. And that damn boyfriend of hers still had my phone. And here I was thinking Aaron and I were friends, I even defended him when Trina tried saying anything bad about him... because I thought we were friends. Well didn't I turn out to be a fool.

He wasn't here today either. I glared, angrily as hordes of people kept asking me what happened to my face. It was frustrating that I had no way of hiding the bruises. I didn't deserve what he did to me, but I believe his payback threats were empty. He could do nothing to me.

I had to buy myself a new phone soon, I'd probably borrow one of Trina's for now. Trina who had hopping through the weird time portal with me and ended up here at this high-school, living at her odd generational parents house. It was weird to know that she had had six different sets of parents in her past lives, of which I was with her in one of them.

Her current parents were always out of town, much like the majority of the people I knew.

"I fell off my skateboard." I kept saying, it wasn't necessarily convincing enough to people who knew me well, but it was a possibility as to why my eyes were both blackened and the rest of my face had cuts.

Jared knew something was the matter for sure, but he'd held off on asking me until he practically complained about how I had ignored his texts to pick him up last night. I knew something strange had happened with Stacy, but I simply didn't have my phone. Regardless, I was stunned that he even cared enough to ask about my bruises.

I walked into the cafeteria and I felt like everybody was staring at me. I believed my face had become the center of attention as I walked through the lunch line and walked over to my table.

"How do you fall off a skateboard and get two black eyes, a cut lip and scars on your cheeks, and a giant bruise on your nose, which by the way looks like you misshaped it?" Trina asked jokingly, sitting beside me in the cafeteria and chewing a carrot with her mouth wide open and annoying chewing noises coming out.

I glared at her momentarily.

"Shut up Trina, I'll tell you about it later." I said, taking the carrot out of her hand and taking a big bite out of it. She rolled her eyes as I scanned the room, searching to see if Tyler, Amy, Aaron, or Violet were here. I spotted Tyler sitting at his regular table, surrounded by a large group of friends while Amy sat at the other end of the table. Odd. They usually sit together.

The cafeteria lights above them flickered slightly as I watched, wondering if either of them knew where Violet was today.

"Does that hurt?" Trina asked, watching me chew her carrot. She was referring to the three cuts on my lips. I was thankful he'd focused more on other parts and didn't hit my teeth hard enough to fall out.

I shook my head.

"So... did you get in a fight?"

"Why are you asking so many questions today?" I snarled. I was angry and upset, I didn't want to take it out on her, but she was the only person with me right now. I wanted to apologize in that moment, but pride wouldn't let me.

"Chill, I just want to know why you look like you got hit by a car. I want to know what happened, there's nobody else here that could even be listening."

"Fine!" I groaned, glaring at Trina. She could be so annoying sometimes. Perhaps that why she'd been kept silent in her past lives.

She smirked happily, reaching for another carrot and chewing, her ole ready to listen.