Chapter 2

Evelyn's p.o.v.

Hagrid, Harry and I strode down the rocky road of London, while Harry kept rambling about what should we bring to Hogwarts.

" All students must be equipped with, one wand, one cauldron pewter size 2, one set glass or crystal phials, one telescope, one set brass scales, and may bring if they desire, either an owl , a cat, or a toad. " He read aloud. "Can you find all these in London? "

" If you know where to go. " Hagrid answered, and lead us to a store, with a sign that says 'Leaky Cauldron'.

" Ahhh, Hagrid, the usual I presume? "
The barkeeper asked, not even taking a glance at Harry and I.

" No, Tom. I'm on official Hogwarts business today. Just helpin' Evelyn an' Harry buy their school supplies. " Hagrid announced, gesturing to us.

" Bless my soul, it's Harry and Evelyn Potter! " The barkeeper, Tom, exclaimed.

The bar immediately went silent. Heads turned towards out direction at the mention of our name. Wait, why?

A man came and shook both our hands, saying. " Welcome back, Mister and Miss Potter. Welcome back. "

Slowly one by one, people began to come to us shaking our hands. I guess after this shaking section, my hand is going to malfunction for awhile.

" Doris Crockford, Mister and Miss Potter. I can't believe I'm meeting you two at last. " A lady said, shaking our hands.

We finally stopped shaking hands and stopped infront of a man with a turban on his head.

" H-harry and Evelyn P-p-potter. I-I c-can't t-tell y-you how p-please I-I-I'm to m-m-meet you. " He stuttered nervously.

" Oh Hello, professor. Didn't see yeh there. Harry, Evelyn, this is Professor Quirrell. He'll be yer Defence against Dark arts teacher at Hogwarts. " Hagrid announced gesturing to the stuttering man. Defence against Dark arts? I bet this man can't even defend himself from a spider.

" Oh, nice to meet you! " Harry stuck out his hand for Quirrell to shake it, but Quirrell looked at it nervously and decided not to shake it.

" F-fearfully f-f-fantastic subject. N-not t-that you n-need it, eh P-p-potters? Heheh. " He stuttered again.

" Yes, well, must be going now. Lots to buy. " Hagrid turned us to the back door, while Harry said a goodbye to Quirrell, and I stayed silent.

Something is definitely off with that dude. I just can't hook with it.

We went to through the back door, and came face to face with a brick wall.

" See Harry, Evelyn. Yer famous! " He said gleefully, while I frowned.

" But why are we famous, Hagrid? Those people back there, how is it that they know about us? " I asked curiously, and Hagrid turned to face us. " I'm not exactly sure I'm the right person to tell yeh two that, Evelyn. "

Hagrid pulled out his pink umbrella, tapping it on the wall. The bricks began shifting miraculously, opening a way to a town street, filled with people buying stuffs and things from stores beside the street.

" Welcome, Harry, Evelyn, to Diagon Alley. "

---

The street has stores selling broomsticks, wands, owls, frogs and many more magical stuffs.

" Hagrid, how are we going to pay for all this? We haven't got any money. " Harry asked.

" There's yer money, you two. Grigotts, the Wizard bank. Ain't no place safer, except for Hogwarts. " Hagrid pointed his pink umbrella to a tall building, with a 'Grigotts' sign on it.