Part 21

One week later

Ever since that 'date night' I've been avoiding Nate. I don't know what made me think he liked me. He wouldn't want me with all the scars I have on me mentally and physically. He has his own problems.

I sighed and cleaned off the tables at the café before it opens. I heard a knock on the door. I looked up at the door only to see a soaking wet Nate.

Did I forget to say it's raining? Well it is. I looked at the time. We open in 15 minutes so I might as well unlock the doors. I let Nate in and went to the back to get him a towel. "Why are you out here in the rain." I asked him while he dried his face off.

"Because I wanted to talk."

"There's nothing to talk about."

"Yes it is."

"No it's not, I get it. I like my best friend and he doesn't like me back."

"Yes I d-."

"It's cool we can just pretend like I never said anything." He sighed.

"Let me talk." He said as I put the cups in order from small to large while organizing the counter.

I looked over at him. "I do l-like you." I sighed.

"You don't have to force yourself to say that just to make me feel better." "I'm not, I really like you."

I stared at him trying to see if he was lying and his face showed sincerity.

"Really?"

"Yes, I just didn't know how to tell you." I smiled and hugged him.

"Thank god." He laughed and I let go of him.

"I think we should take this slow though."

"Of- of course." I agreed. More people started coming in.

"Can I work now?"

"Yeah call me later." He said walking back out in the rain to his car. I smiled thinking about what just happen. Nate likes me!

;) :-/ :-( :-) :-| ( a/n: my emotions in one day lol.)

After I got off work I called Nate and he sounded really sick. So now I'm on my way to his house to take care of him. I walked into his house and seen him in his room laying in his bed watching tv. "You didn't have to come." I touched his forehead. "Nonsense."

"I'm fine." He coughed right after saying that.

"You don't seem fine."

He sighed. "Stay here I'll go fix you some chicken noodle soup."( a/n: with a soda on the side.) I walked to the kitchen and fixed it. Once I came back I saw him trying to get out of the bed.

"Boy what the hell are you doing out of bed?" He looked over at me like a deer caught in the head lights.

"Umm."

"Get back in bed." He sighed.

"I can take care of myself." He told me as I sat his soup on his nightstand beside his bed. "I know but so can I and it's kind of my fault." "No it's not." I stayed silent and put on a movie for him.

I looked around his room and everything was in order, not a sock out of place or anything. The things on his dresser was organized by color and size. His covers is black and so is his dresser, nightstand, chest, and rug. His wardrobe is gray and his curtains were also.

I heard him wince so I looked over at him. "What's wrong?"

"My head hurts but it's nothing." I sat on his bed beside him and lean forward.

"What are you doing?" He asked suspiciously. I shushed him and put my hands up to his head.

I put a little pressure to his temples and moved my thumbs in a circular motion. He groaned as the pain went away. "That feels good." He said closing his eyes. I smiled a little. "Yeah, I know."

After awhile I stop only to find him sleep. I realize I was tired too so I went to the guess room. I put on the show, "The house of Payne." While watching it I dosed off and went to sleep.