Fun in the sun

Elena's POV:

We got off the plane and walked into the airport. I looked around. This place isn't that busy, I thought. I looked up at Damon but all he did was smile.
"This place is amazing this time of the year. You'll love it." He spoke cheerfully.
"There's not many people here, Damon." My voice was soft.
"Yeah I've noticed. Oh well. More fun for us." He smiled his signature smile and that smile made me weak.
We went to the baggage claim and got our bags. Damon grabbed my free hand and held it up to his lips.
"Come on. Let's go to our place. You'll love it and the scenery." He kissed my hand. Then he brought it down to his waist and we walked out of the airport hand in hand.

Damon's POV:

Elena and I got into the taxi and the driver drove us to our home. I wanted to surprise Elena with everything, which wasn't me. But I'm someone different with her. She brings out my sensitive side. She makes me care about things that I never cared about before.
Once we got to the house I saw her eyes light up. They almost lit up just as much as the day we first met.
"This place is huge!" She spoke like she was a kid in a candy store. "How did you manage to get this place?"
I wanted to tell her the truth but in order to do that I would have to tell her my secret, that I'm a vampire. It wasn't the time yet.
"I had gotten a huge deal when I was looking online for a nice place. I've never been here so I thought it would be a huge surprise for the both of us." I smiled and helped her get out of the taxi, we grabbed our bags and walked inside.

Caroline's POV:
I walked into the Salvatore Boardinghouse and saw Stefan laying on the floor. He wasn't moving and I didn't see him breathing.
I ran over to him and sat next to home. I put my finger alongs the carotid artery on his next and waited for a pulse.
After a few moments without feeling one I finally did and it was fast and hard. His eyes shot open and he was soon on his feet, staring at me with worried eyes.
"How long have you been here?" He spoke with a worried tone.
"I just got here. I saw you laying on the floor not moving so I rushed to your side and felt for a heart beat. There wasn't one till a few seconds ago. How is that possible?"
He got up quickly and looked at me. "I will tell you, but then once I'm done telling you I can take it away like I never told you anything."
"Wait what?!" I was so confused.
"Just tell me if you want to know or not." His face was hard.
I placed my hands on his face and kissed his lips softly. "I want to know. I don't like when you keep secrets."
"Well then we better get some drinks and sit down. We'll be here a while." He stood up and helped me up. Then there was a gust of wind and he and I were sitting on the couch, bottles of alcohol were on the table.

Elena's POV:
~2 hours later~
Damon and I were laying on the couch, his arms around me. His index finger was making small circles on my skin, which caused me to giggle.
He kissed my head and whispered into my hair, "I never want to leave this. Can we just be frozen in time and stay like this forever?"
"Damon at one point in time, we are going to have to get back to Mystic Falls and continue our life." I spoke with a rock-in-my-throat feeling. I wanted to stay too. It was so peaceful here and it was just Damon and I. No drama, no Stefan or Caroline, no...Jeremy. I stopped and sighed, sitting up. I was starting to miss everyone.
"What's wrong?" Damon sat up too and looked at me.
"I just realized that I'm missing everyone. I don't want to leave but at the same time I want to see everyone." A small tear threatened to escape from my eye.

Damon's POV:
I saw a tear nearly escape her eyes. I had to think, and fast. What should I do??
If I compel her what should I say? I don't want to be mean and say 'oh just forget about them. We're her to spend time with one another.' I should just have her stay calm and when the time is right, we will go home.
I pulled her into my arms and held her eyes up to mine. Better make this sound good, I thought to myself.
"You miss your brother and everyone in Mystic Falls but you want some time to relax and unwind from everything. You'll know when the time is right to go home but it won't be right now. There is no selfishness in this." She starred blankly at me and nodded.
She understood and I tried my very best not to be selfish with it. I think I did very well.
I laid back and closed my eyes.

~10 seconds later~
I was awoken to the feeling of lips crushed to mine. I opened my eyes and saw that it was Elena. She saw that I had my eyes open and sat up.
"Stay awake." Was all she said and crushed her lips to mine again.
This time I reacted and kissed her back. She was then wrapped around me and I raced her and I upstairs to which our clothes were thrown on the floor and we were in the bed.

~3 hours later~
I woke up and saw that my hand was intertwined within Elena's hair. I began to carefully get it out without trying to wake her up. But as soon as I began to more the hair she woke up and smiled.
"Morning Damon." She yawned and leaned over to kiss me. As she moved my hand broke free from her hair.
"Good morning Elena." I kissed her passionately and sat up. "What was with you yesterday??" I asked.
"Well we needed some alone time and that was part of it. Next we should go swimming!" She got all excited and jumped out of bed, getting a black with blue lace bathing suit and put it on.
I jumped up and put on swimming trunks but looked at Elena with a seductive look.
She smile and looked away.
"I don't want this to end." She said then collapsed to the floor.

---------------
Wow a small twist. This should be interesting for the next chapter.

Sorry for such a long time posting. I've had a hectic schedule. First with midterms coming up and then getting into that small car accident with my mother; which resulted with me and my mother having really bad back pain.

I hope to have the next chapter up soon but I can't make any promises. Love you all xoxo