Chapter 17: The first hug

"You dance secretly inside my heart where no one else can see." -Unknown

Dexter POV

"Where are you going?" I asked when I saw she carried the pillow away from the bed.

"To sleep, at the couch," she answered without spare me a glance. I sighed. This woman will never follow my way.

"Did I said that you are allowed to sleep on the couch?" I walked to her and stood in front of her, blocking her way.

"I don't think you want to sleep on the couch." She hugged the pillow in her chest.

"Yes, I never thought about that. No one will sleep on the couch tonight except here." I pointed to the bed staring at her and she gritted her teeth.

"But, I-"

"Save that 'but' to yourself. No more argument, this is an order from your boss." I raised my eyebrows showing my power to her.

"Why are you so annoying!" She stomped her feet which make me almost laughed at her childish action. She acted like my sweet pie. That was cute. I wish I can pinch her cheeks like how I did to Andrea. I mentally shook my head, get rid of all the weird thoughts that invaded my mind.

"And why are you so stubborn? You are more stubborn than Andrea." She hit my chest a few times upon my words. I didn't expect that. She acted like a kid with a tantrum now.

"Hit me again, you will bear the consequences," I warned her staring into her eyes. She didn't hit me hard, it wasn't strong enough to make me in pain.

"You will always threaten me anyway no matter what I do. Mr. Mafia!"

"Right!" I lifted her on my shoulder and headed to the bed. She was shocked by my sudden attack. She kicked her legs in the air tried to free herself from me.

"Let me go, you beast, mafia-" she scolded and hit my back a few times.

I threw her on the bed and the foam dipped due to the weight. I locked her with both arms beside her, not pressing my body onto hers.

"I hate you so much, damn much!" She spatted beneath me and hit my chest.

"I warned you," I stopped her with one hand and pinned her both hands above her head on the bed. She stopped moving but I can see her chest raised up and down trying to control her breath.

"Calm down, love. We will have a long time to go." I smirked looking at her, totally defeated under my body.

Elsie POV

"No, no. This wasn't true. Please tell me this wasn't true. Please, sister, wake up. You still need to take care of your baby girl. You can't leave me alone like this." I heard his voice mumbled something with his eyes closed.

I sat on the bed and turned my gaze at him who was lying on the other side of the bed. He was having a nightmare. He shook his head a few times, sweat was formed on his face and he keeps mumbling words.

"Hey, Dexter. Wake up," I called him a few times and shook his shoulder to make him awake from the nightmare.

"Dexter."

"Dexter Anderson!" I raised my voice and he finally awake.

"Oh my God!" He said wiping his face with his palm.

"Are you okay?" I sat beside him and he suddenly pulled me into a hug. I was totally wrapped in his chest. He placed his head on the crook of my neck. I don't know why I didn't push him away. I let him hug me in silence.

"It's okay. It's just a nightmare." I comforted him and returned the hug and patted his back. He didn't utter any words but his hitched breath was heard clearly.

I laid on his chest and let him hugged me in silence till both of us drift to sleep, despite the argument that we had earlier.

❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤