Chapter 32: Doomed!

"She likes him.
He likes her.
It's obvious to everyone, except them." -Unknown

Elsie POV

It had been three days since we ran from the city and glad that no one from the mafia world comes and disturbs our day here. It was so peaceful camping and slept in the tent while enjoying the scenery and the peacefulness without anyone except both of us here.

"Can we stay one more day here?" I asked him hoping that he will agree with my idea. Having the thought of facing the mafia anytime once we enter the city makes me scare. I hope he won't do anything bad to Lucas.

"I wish the same too but we can't run from reality for too long. Mafia or no mafia we still need to go back. Trust me, he will never hurt you." He winked. We were both busy cleaning up the place after striking down the tent.

"Why are you so confident about that? Come on, you only met him twice."

"I knew, called it men's instinct." I laughed at his word.

"I never knew there is a thing called men's instinct," I said still laughing at him. Oh, my life will be so dull without him. "What if he kills you, babe?"

"He won't." He grinned.

"Due to what reason?"

"Because silly, I'm your friend." He added. "Oh wait, I think I know the issue here. He thought we were in some lovey-dovey relationship that was why he acting that way that night. Plus, I was shirtless when he saw us so he thought-" He covered his mouth in shock.

"What are you talking about?" I slapped his arm understood what he tried to say even though he didn't finish his sentence.

"He was jealous!" He exclaimed. I'm not sure why he looked happy and excited about that.

"The last thing he told me was we were friends with benefit. Just that. Why would he feel jealous of us? We are not in that kind of relationship so he wouldn't care about my life."

"Are you really blind? He has feelings for you, dummy." He scolded me which I shrugged my shoulder in response, lazy to answer him.

"Elsie, we are doom," Lucas said after a moment of silence between us. I turned to look at him. He paused his work and look in the direction behind me. Something that makes him look terrified or nervous.

"What was that?" I asked arched my eyebrows.

"Turn to your back." He said in a low tone. I spun my body slowly, followed his gaze. My lips slightly parted, my eyes widened and the empty bottle in my hand dropped on the ground.

"You are absolutely right this time. We were doomed." I mumbled looking at the furious guy standing in front of my eyes. He moved forward without any smile or emotion on his face. I know I should run at this time but my legs and my whole body refuse to cooperate with me, it stood still on the place as if I was waiting for him to move closer.

He stopped in front of me, just a few centimeters from me and he bent his body towards me. I moved my body to the back to avoid any skin contact with him. I knew he wasn't pleased with what I had done and I could sense danger from his presence. I knew he will do as he said to make me face the consequence if I didn't obey him but I never expected he will be here. Did I mean three hours journey from the city just to hunt me down?

"Payback time." I heard a whisper near my earlobe. His lips slightly brushed my face. His voice was husky. I can't trace any emotion from his voice neither his face. I just realized the panic bloomed in my stomach.

"Wh-what do you mean?" I mentally mocked myself for stuttering while talking to him. He will sense that I am scared and it will make him win easily this way.

He didn't respond to my question instead he pulled me by my waist and threw me on his broad shoulder with my face facing the ground. His sudden stunt made me panic. I wriggled to free myself from his strong grip. I don't care about the possibility that he might drop me to the ground. I just want to free myself from him. He held my legs tight to stop me from kicking in the air.

"What are you doing? Let me down, Mr. Mafia!" Now the panic was dismissed and is replaced with anger.

"Are you deaf? I said let me down. Lucas, help me." I called out for help from my best friend but I'm aware that he can't help me during times like this.

"Can't help, babe. I'm so sorry but enjoy your day with your mafia boyfriend." He shouted from afar.

"He wasn't my boyfriend. Not before this, not now, and not in the future. Never ever." I screamed and slapped his back a few times. It doesn't give any impact on him.

His next action makes me stunned and stopped wiggled. He slapped my butt to make me stay still on his shoulder but he remained silent. I wonder what will be his next plan.

"Did you just slap my butt?" I scolded but no response.

I don't want this trouble but it seems like I was the one who invited this.

❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤