I'm Dead, and hes a Jerk- The morning after

*Flashback*

1 year ago

JARED POV

The sunlight blaring through my window woke me up. I squinted my eyes, and stretched in order to wake me up fully.

I looked down and saw someone’s hand on my bare chest. I turned my head slightly and saw Leah, snuggled up to the side of my body, obviously naked under the covers. Last night came flooding back to me, and I smiled thinking about it.

I had been with a lot of girl. A lot. The nights I had with them didn’t even compare to last night though.

As I looked down at her beautiful sleeping figure, I had all the feelings rushing to me. Some so strong I felt like they had hit me around the face with a bat.

Me and Leah had always been good friends, we argued but she knew the deal. Due to my reputation, I had to be a jerk to every female I saw when I was around my peers, but when we were alone, she was like my best friend. I could talk to her about anything, she made me laugh like no one else could and more than anything I felt comfortable.

No matter what names we called each other, or how vicious the arguments were, she was always the person I wanted to be around when something went wrong. To be honest, she was the person I wanted around, period.

My hand went to her cheek, and I gently stroked her cheekbones with my thumb. She stirred slightly, and then still sleeping, smiled. The corners of my mouth tugged upwards at this.

I suddenly realised I was staring at her sleeping. That was not good.

 I did not gaze at girls with gooey eyes while they slept. All these feelings that I was having right this moment rapidly began scaring the crap out of me.

 I didn’t know much about love, I mean I don’t love girls. I fuck them and dump them. That’s how it worked. So why the hell did this remind me a lot of that four letter word that immediately strikes fear into me?

I began to panic. I couldn’t be feeling this; I was 16 years old for Christ sake!

I refused to feel like this, last night may have been the best night of my entire life, but it still doesn’t change the fact that I am a player. I’m an asshole, and I can’t change that.

So I realised I had a choice.

I could either stay in bed right now; cuddling up to this girl who makes me feel like no one else ever has and possibly risk breaking her heart, and my own, in the process. It was bound to happen, I knew myself too well and I knew one way or another I would disappoint her and fuck things up.

My second option was to pry myself away from her, and walk away. It may hurt her for the time being, but it would be nothing compared to what I knew I would do to her in the future. I could never make her happy, and I knew that I would just let her down eventually.

Me, being the jerk that I was, chose the second option. Using all the strength I could muster in my body, I pulled away from her, and climbed out of bed.

I stared down at her sleeping body. She wasn’t innocent, I knew that. But she was too innocent for me. Too good for me, and at the time, I really was adamant about the fact I had made the right choice.

If only I listened to the smart side of my brain that was screaming at me, telling me that if I walk away from her now, it would be one of the biggest mistakes I’ll ever make in my meaningless life.

LEAH POV

I stirred, and my eyes began opening slightly. I rolled over and stretched out fully in the big empty bed.

Empty bed?

I shot up, holding the covers against myself. I looked around the room and realised it was empty; It was just me in here. Stupidly, I thought that Jared had just gone downstairs to make some breakfast, or just gone to the toilet.

Basically I tried to convince myself of anything that wasn’t admitting to the fact that he had left me alone in his bed after taking my virginity.

But deep down I knew that really was the case.

What the hell did I expect?

Jared was a player, this is what he did. He used girls then ran. Why was I stupid enough to think that I would be any different?

I really did think that after last night he would be different. I didn’t even think of the fact that this would happen, and therefore ruining our friendship for good.

I looked at his desk, and saw a white note on it. I leaned over and picked it up, bringing it closer to my face to read.

Gone to school

That’s all it said. I felt my eyes moisten, and before I knew it I was crying. He had taken away my virginity, giving me these feelings that I could not explain, giving me the best night of my life and then he leaves me asleep in his bed with this shitty note?

I was sobbing now. I felt so cheap, dirty and used.

After about 10 minutes of non-stop crying, I sucked in a deep breath and realised I had to compose myself. I had to go to school and show my face. I could not let him get to me, let this mistake effect my life in any way.

I promised myself at that moment, that I would not allow Jared Mercedes to be the reason why I cried ever again.

He wasn’t worth it.

--

I know this chapters short, but it just wanted to get back to present time, but i had to explain what happened, and how they both felt after it happened.

Please comment vote and fan if you did like the story, thank you so much for reading!