Chapter 3: Start Line

-(Y/n)'s P.O.V.

Izuku and I had just been separated to start the first part of the U.A. school entrance exam, Izuku was in group B, while I was in group A. Already stepping off of the bus that has taken us to the A building side. I see a few others, but it seems that these other teens had a recommendation letter just like me. My mind was my imaginary friend to talk to cause I heard them commenting that 'I doubt they have as many letters as you though.~' While gazing at the few people two teens caught my attention the most.

A teenage boy and girl. They both looked around my age from the first glance. 

The girl was about 5'8 just an inch taller than me. She had black hair that was tied up in a high ponytail, making the tips look like spikes. And her bangs were on one side of her forehead. She has black beady eyes I believe her name was Momo Yaoyorozu. Making a mental note to myself of what she looks like I moved my eyes to the next one that stood out. 

The boy.

He was an inch taller than Miss Momo. But why he stood out the most to me was base on his two-colored tone hair. One side was white like snow, the other was red like fire. When he lifted his head I took notice that he had two different colored eyes. 

The right side of the eye was gray, and the left was turquoise. But I guess the most interesting thing was his face was half marked? It looked like he had been burned or something. I couldn't stop looking at him. Not cause of his mark, it just seems like he was more ashamed of who he is. Of course, that is just my recollection.   

He was behaving a lot like me when I first came into the city. I remember when I first entered a bus everyone was looking at me like I had horns on my head or something. He really looked like he didn't wanna be here any longer. I can relate to that too, but at the same time, he looked like he wanted to hurry up and just show his 'Quirk'. 

As he had his hand in his pockets I think he sensed I was staring at him, I already regret that. However, he didn't get mad or irritated he just looked away. What bothered me was how emotionless he was. Most of it.....okay nearly everyone is at least a little excited about taking this exam. But for him.....well he just looks like he wants to hurry up and get on with it. 

'Hm, I think I can get along with that guy.'

I guess he and I will have a lot in common hopefully. Only his behavior....the way he walks around or looks at things. Like he doesn't care. Or doesn't see the point in caring about it. I think it has something to do with that scar.....

To him, it's like a weight on his shoulder. And judging by that scar he is focusing on nothing but the dark. I feel a light wave of guilt for him. I remember my uncle telling me something once when I was 7. I remember thinking there was nothing but the dark just like him. He always told me...

'If you look for the light, you can often find it. But if you look for the dark...that is ALL you'll ever see. I want you to look for the light in everything. I know it will be hard at first but if you can do it with just one person at a time I promise you not even those who see nothing but the dark can get to you.' 

I felt a wave of regret about how I last saw him as I pray and hope my uncle is doing well. When the announcer explains to those in group A, that since those with a letter are small this year they are going to go one at a time. Going from youngest to oldest. It turns out that I heard the name of the boy was Shoto Todoroki. I starch my head wondering where I have heard that last name before. 

Only I really have no business to bother people I don't know. So I waited my turn, setting my back on the bus waiting for my turn to start. Only I realized how much I didn't sleep last night. And I get a little cranky when I don't sleep. When I looked back in the back of my mind as I remember WHY I don't sleep well......mostly cause I don't like the dark.