THE BEAUTY OF A ROSE IS A CURSE

♢ ♢ ♢

♢ ♢ ♢

When I used to be little I used to always be the delicate one in the family. At a young age I started to always express my thoughts through vivid emotions whereas some people I met never expressed their pain, happiness, surprise, anger or even love for the matter of fact.

It was as if their life was only black and white whereas mine was full of all the colors in the rainbow.

I realized that those people were like flowers that hadn't gotten the chance to blossom their intricate interior. But I was wrong. Believe it or not the beauty of a rose is a curse, because if you were the rose you got picked first yet never a chance to grow.

Even the rose knew that well. Maybe that's why it had thorns that were ready to make the one bleed that would ruin its innocence for pleasure. Sooner this thought started to suit us humans.

The ones that had been given the pain yet no one to clean the wound. The bleeding wound soon faded to become a scar to ensure the one wounded will remember to never trust love and forgiveness.

Emotions were exactly like the beauty of the rose. We were helpless when we let others pluck out our emotions. I never knew the true curse behind the beauty of emotions until I became the rose myself.

I had always been fond of my baby brother who had carved himself a place in my unshielded heart. He made me blossom so I could fragment him with love and joy. His beautiful smile with popping dimples and the most mesmerizing honey eyes I had seen.

He reminded me of the burning globe, the sun. I was the flower and he was my sunlight. But that all changed when the three year old lost his battle to leukemia. I lost my sunlight, my baby brother.

I felt my happiness wither just like the petals of a rose. Until I realized why some of us don't blossom because they have already gone through the pain of losing.

They knew to collect themselves up so they don't have to blossom to only be left to heal themselves again. Left to rebirth their lost beauty.

♢ ♢ ♢

"Mommy, where is Beau?" The five year old asked her mom whose ocean blue eyes were swollen from drowning in her own tears.

"Ravenna your baby brother was an angel sent by god. God only gave us him for a little bit to love before we had to give him back." The mother tried to explain while she tucked in a strand of her daughter's mocha waves, something both she and her brother inherited from their father.

"Mommy but I was still teaching Beau how to say I love you. Could I politely ask God back for him so I could teach him?" The mom felt herself well up at the words of her innocent daughter who was unknown to the foreign pain of losing a loved one.

"Baby, he's an angel in the sky. You see the stars outside your window. He's one of them."

"Mommy, does that mean I could never see him again? How am I going to tell him how much I love him?" The little girl felt something inside her break as she figured she can never see her little brother again.

Her love for him was endless and now she didn't know who to perfume it with because even too much sunlight can kill a beautiful rose. As much as it needs it. It was both poison and the cure.

"Find the brightest star in the sky and tell it that you love him. Just like you would tell your baby brother. Then god would send your message to him." The five year old didn't understand why she can't tell her honey eyed angel that herself.

"You promise god would tell him that I love him?" The mother wiped her tears off before extending her pinky to make a promise.

"I promise baby." The little girl smiled as she interlocked her tiny pinky into her mom's.

"It's my fault mommy that Beau wanted to go back to god." The mother gave a confused look to her little daughter.

"Why do you think that Ravenna?"

"Because he thought I didn't love him as I forgot to tell him that yesterday. So, he went back to god to get more love." The mother smiled before embracing the little girl in her warmly warmth.

"He knew you did so he left before it was too late." The mother cooed into her daughter's ear who missed the presence of her sunlight.

♢ ♢ ♢

That's how it was at the end. The sun gave his light to the rose happily. When all the rose did was soak it's bright energy until the sun was gone one day. But I knew that except of being the selfish rose I admired the sun by blossoming my love until he left me to die. But that never made me hate it. It made me fall in love more with it because I finally realized its value in my life.

As I grew up I started to feel the open wound bleed more and more. This is the part where people would call it a heartbreak because they thought the cardiovascular organ was the reason behind the emotional pain.

But little did they know that our mind manipulates us to heal our heart that wasn't even broken because the real healing was supposed to be done in our mind. Where all the memories haunted us from letting go.

Soon I learned how to heal my raw wounds by simply saying goodbye to the pain and cherishing the memories made to remember the loss. I learned that it sometimes it was okay to be the moon who went through phases where it felt empty to feel full again. But not all knew how to simply let go when they want the ones already gone where it hurts the most.

That's why I decided to help others escape their pain and to teach them to cherish their battle scars whether of love or hate. Just as how I learned to admire my love for my baby brother who was truly an angel.

But little did I know I was going to help the Italian mob boss realize he was holding onto nothing. Little did I know I was going to be Rafael Rossi's therapist.

♢ ♢ ♢

【AUTHOR CONTACT INFORMATION】

➊. Instagram | erotica_iris_grace

➋. Email | eroticairisgrace@gmail.com

VOTE & COMMENT

J. Iris Grace