POETRY,ROSES,AND GALAXIES

♢ ♢ ♢

♢ ♢ ♢

ALATE
(adj.) having wings; lifted up in flight

♢ ♢ ♢

His lips were like the stardust that glittered all over her honey like soul. She quickly brought her hands to the jet black curls of his as he continued to leave the gentle kisses down her neck. Her fingertips continued to rake down his spine while his lips did the work of giving her the sweetest feeling she had ever known.

Rafael trailed his lips back to her soft vanilla lips. He stopped right at the tip of her lips and just toke a minute to admire the azure blue of her eyes. He brought one of his hands that was on her waist to cup her cheek in his hand. She instantly closed her eyes, just enjoying the warmth of his touch.

She scared him. She scared him because he knew she was taking down all the walls he had placed. He knew that she was already working on gluing back the broken pieces of his heart. She was the one that would make you envy the moon and the sun.

She would make you envy the moon who puts her to sleep each night. She would make you envy the sun who kissed her awake each morning. He wanted to be the one to replace the moon and the sun with his goodnight kiss and his morning kiss because he had started to believe that her lips deserved all of his kisses.

As he pulled himself out of his drowning thoughts, he realized she was teaching her to blossom love in his soilless heart.

"I don't know how to love Ravenna." He finally whispered onto her lips as she opened her eyes that were in the bliss of sitting in his warmth. She smiled gently before gently placing a kiss on his cheek.

"But, I believe in you Rafael." She whispered to him softly.

"Even if my heart heals why do I feel like I would still feel the pain?" He questioned as he pulled away from her to look at the drenching window of the apartment. His skin prickled with goosebumps as the rain outside dropped the warmth of the apartment.

Silence filled the room with the only thing heard was the soothing music of the rain glittering the glass and their high ranked heartbeats. She sighed before getting up from her chair. Grabbing the soft blanket from the basket, she made her way back to him looking at the balcony window.

He looked at her confused as she draped the blanket on his cold figure. He gave her his expressionless look that managed to always return as if no changes were made though their meetings.

"Changing you is something I never wanted to do if that is what you're thinking is my goal. My goal is mending the old soul of yours that knew how to love endlessly. But, Rafael you make it really tough." Ravenna grabbed his plate sitting on the side table with the intention of leaving the room for him to isolate himself in his thoughts once again. She was afraid that at the end he would break her heart before she got a chance to touch his.