Lion's Den

Demetria's P.O.V.:

"Enjoying yourselves so far?"

We look up to find Jason looking down at us with a smirk on his face. Peeking our heads around the tree, we search for Dick.

"Don't worry," Jason says, waving us off. "Dick's one of the most oblivious people in the family. Now, come on. I'm pretty sure you guys don't wanna spend your whole day hiding behind a tree."

We push ourselves off of the tree, looking around us. There's nothing but civilians walking around, talking loudly, and some even screaming.

"Where are the animals?" I ask.

"Yeah. All I see are an unnerving amount of unmannered Homosapians," Damian says, cringing at the sight of a woman dragging a crying, runny-nosed, child.

"Follow me, and I'll show you around," Jason says, waving his hand towards us while walking into a direction.

"How do you know where to go if you've never been here before?" I ask, catching up to him.

"Because I know how to read a map," he says, pulling out a pamphlet from his pocket.

Damian scoffs. "You can't even tell your right from your left. How the hell are you going to be able to read a map?"

Jason takes the pamphlet in his hand, rolls it up, and whacks Damian on the head. "Insult me again, and I'll feed you to the lions."

Damian glares up at Jason, lunging at him. Jason turns around, with Damian latching on to him, causing Damian's legs to fly everywhere. He grabs onto his hair, yelling insults at him as Jason retorts with profanities.

"Get off of me, Demon Spawn!"

"Make me, you useless zombie!"

I stand in silence, watching the fight play out. It's quite entertaining once you get used to it. It's pretty entertaining to see Damian fight with someone else than me. As I'm enjoying the show, I can't help but notice the number of stares and whispers pointing towards us. There is now a group of civilians circling us, watching them fight. Some are just standing and watching, whispering, or filming with their cell phone. My eyes widen at the sight of the cell phone, we're supposed to stay away from the public eye. I look around, staring at the crowd, observing and analyzing, until my eyes land on one person—Dick.

He's standing there, eye wide, stuck in his place, a look of worry on his face. We make eye contact. Upon eye contact, he mouths 'stop them' to me.

I look back to where Jason and Damian are, just to find them rolling around on the floor, grabbing each other by the hair. I back up, as they roll towards me. Taking a step forward I hear a loud whistle. Turning my head, I see people dispersing, making a way for security. Seeing the security, I quickly take action, pulling Damian off of Jason.

"About fuckin' time you helped, Princess!" he yells at me.

"No time to talk," I say, grabbing his arm and pulling him up. I look behind me to find the security right there, nearly arms reach. I grab Damian's and Jason's arm and run towards Dick. "Dick! Dick!" I yell, hoping he has a plan. Approaching Dick, I would have expected him to stop the security with his public figure privileges, but no. Instead, he runs ahead of us. I let go of Damian and Jason, allowing the three of us to speed up our pace.

We all run out of the crowd of people in a random direction. As we're running, and swerving around people, while being yelled at for actions, we enter through another entrance, the whole scenery changing. We run through the stone pathway, the security still after us; however, I stop, something catching my eyes. I look to my right, finding a short stoned wall. Approaching the wall, I look over to find a pit. "Woah."