Wood and Ice-Cream (Tagged?)

Demetria's P.O.V.:

"And why do we need wood?" Damian asks Jon, as we walk deeper into the vast area of trees, carrying heavy axes in our hands.

"Lois had already explained this thee times, Dami," I complain, fighting the urge to slap him in the back of his head.

"Tch. I just don't understand why they would need wood."

"How do you not understand that they need wood for fire?!" I yell,

"Fire for what?" Damian argues.

"To keep warm you idiot," I retort, smacking the back of his head.

"It's not even cold!" he scowls, rubbing the back of his head.

"It's getting colder," Jon says, leading us through the trees. "December is in a few weeks and that's when all the snowfalls. We need the fire for the fireplace."

"And we need the wood for the fire," I say, dumbing it down for Damian.

"Tch. Can't your mother have someone else do it?" he complains.

"Dad usually does it and I would sometimes help him out, but other than that— Nope."

We continue walking through the area, walking past multiple trees. I stare at all of the trees as we walk by, looking at the plants and then to Jon in a questionable manner. "Jon?" I call out.

"Hm?"

"We're here to cut trees down, right?" I ask him.

"Yeah."

"Then why couldn't we chop down any of those trees back there?" I ask, pointing behind us.

Jon stops in his tracks and turns around. "Uh," he answers, scratching the back of his head. "I'm not sure."

Damian sighs and rolls his eyes. "Fine," he says. "I'll take this tree." He walks up to a pine tree, claiming it by putting his hand on it. The tree he had chosen was possibly the tallest and largest than the others around us.

"We just need two trees," Jon says.

"Then I'll take this one," I say, walking up to a smaller tree. Less work for me.

"Are you sure you want to take this one, Damian?" Jon asks.

"Tch. Why not?"

"I mean, I can do it."

"I'm far more experienced than you, Jonathan. Just sit back and watch a professional." Damian grips his ax and twists his body, ready to swing it into the tree.

"Yeah, but," Jon says, from behind him. "I'm taller."

Damian freezes mid-swing, slowly turning towards the taller boy. He glares at Jon, gripping his ax tightly. "I have suddenly found a new tree that I would like to cut down," he grits. He turns towards Jon, gripping the ax horizontally within his hands and slowly makes his way towards him.

"D-Damian?" Jon says, backing away from the glaring boy. "W-What are you doing?"

"Going to cut down my tree!" he yells, raising his ax.

"Alright!" I yell, grabbing a fist full of Damian's hair and pulling him back.

"Ah! Dee! Stop it!" he yells, trying to rip my drip off.

I drag him over to the smaller tree that I had chosen and throw him towards it. "Just cut the tree."

"But I want that one!" he complains, pointing to the tree he had initially chosen. "Hey!"