Chapter 4: Surprise!

I had Maths for the last period, and Alex said to meet her and Jane by her locker before going home. I didn't have this class with any of them.

I kept glaring at the clock every five seconds wishing for the class to be over quick. Why? Well, because it so happens that I have this class with Ryan, and I swear I could feel his burning stare on my back. But whenever I turned around, I always found him staring down at his book, either writing or reading whatever he's written down. Maybe I was imagining things.

I desperately waited for the bell to go off so that I could dash out of here as quickly as possible. But it seemed the time was slower than it used to be, and the class kept going on forever.

I stared at the clock once more, and there were about two minutes left for this period. I let out a sigh of relief, but that was cut short when I felt like I was being stared at again.
I knew I might be imagining things, but I decided to check one last time. Immediately I rotated my head backward, my blue eyes clashed with a pair of cold brown eyes, making me gasp. They were staring so intensely at me and swirling with so many emotions.

The spell was short-lived, however, when I heard the bell go off. Everyone began to pack their books and walk out of the classroom, while our teacher reminded us to do our homework. Who gives homework on the first day of school? This guy obviously.

Shoving my book hurriedly into my backpack, someone walked over to where my seat, towering over my short frame. It was a tall blond boy, and I noticed he had dimples when he smiled. Cute

"Hi." He offered me a smile, and I returned it. "I'm Daniel." He introduced himself.

"Sam," I said, and stood up.

"So, you new here?" He asked while I leaned comfortably on my desk. He was cute and all, but I wasn't interested. And I so desperately wanted to leave now, so I tapped my feet impatiently.

"Yeah." I kept my answer short, to show my disinterest. But he clearly didn't get the memo as he asked;

"Cool. Listen, you wouldn't mind me taking you out to dinner sometime and maybe show you around?" Wow. Already have someone ask me out on my first day!

I was about to decline as nicely as possible when I heard someone growl threateningly behind me instead,

"Yeah, she would mind, McCoy. So why don't you go show your girlfriend around instead." Even though I hadn't heard his voice since coming back, I still knew how it's sounded. But now, it was way deeper than before. Ryan.

I froze at the sound of his deep masculine voice and watched a scowl etch on Daniel's face before he muttered a curse and walk off.
What a jerk! He had a girlfriend and was asking me out. But that wasn't what bugged me right then. What bugged me was that Ryan Adams was standing close behind me.
And he just abruptly told a guy, who was asking me out, to fuck off. What do I do?! What do I do?!

I spun around to face him but only saw his retreating back, leaving me stunned.

What the hell was that?!

I shook away from my state of shock and also went out of the door. I then went to my locker still dazed, before getting my stuff, while texting Jax to come pick me up. I hoped he saw it on time.
After, I hurried over to Alex's locker. She was already leaning comfortably on her locker and looking bored, while Jane chatted away. I hoped I didn't take long.

"Well, look who decided to keep us waiting." Alex teased.

"Sorry, guys. I just had something to take care of." I hurriedly explained.

"It's okay. We haven't been here that long," Jane assured. We three then proceeded to stroll down the hallway and out the school doors.

"Don't forget you owe me lunch." Alex reminded. I had noticed she had a very big appetite. I had watched her in the cafeteria devour her hand burger and half of Jane's hamburger. She wanted to come for my salad, but I quickly pulled it away, leaving her pouting like a child.