Chapter 12: Green Eyes

The weekend went by real quick, and before we knew it, it was already Monday. I was slightly embarrassed by how I acted crazy on Friday night, so I wore a black hoodie to hide my face at school. I didn’t want anyone recognizing me and pointing fingers while saying, that's the crazy chick from Friday night that attacked Ryan Adams.

“Girl, will you at least put the hood down,” Alex said through gritted teeth, irritated by my choice of dressing. We were at the cafeteria eating lunch, and I had tried my possible best not to run into Ryan all day. I still remembered what he had said and how I acted all crazy on him.

“What? I feel cold.” I muttered but kept my head down as I ate my burger.

“It’s thirty degrees! Just put the hood down, no one is looking at you.” She almost yelled. I rolled my eyes at her while bringing my hood down. She was impossible.

“Okay, fine,” I sighed in defeat, and truly, no one paid me any attention, but were all busy chatting away with one another. Guess I was paranoid for nothing.

I was about to take another bite from my burger when I felt the hairs on my neck stand up as I could feel eyes on me. Looking around, it took me some time before my eyes collided with brown ones that were annoying me presently. So I looked away and tried my possible best to ignore him like always.

“What’s up, girls?” A tall guy with the most attractive set of green eyes came to sit at our table, smirking at Alex while he sent a wink Jane way, making a light blush appeared on her cheek. He had light brown hair with high cheekbones, and a beautiful set of white teeth is seen as he smiled at me, making me hold my breath.

“Trevor, what do you want?” Alex bluntly asked in distaste. He turned back to Alex, depriving me of his attractive green eyes.

“What? Can’t I come to find out how my favorite cousin in the whole wide world is doing?” He asked with a gasp and feigning hurt. Wait, he was Alex's cousin! She never told me she had a cousin who was schooling here also.

“Nope.” She replied with a bored expression and went back to munching on her burger.

"Anyway, I wanted to know who the pretty lady beside me is." He glanced at me while I blushed under his stare. Darn, he was cute, and I was a sucker for cute boys. And he just called me pretty! Even though I had this hideous old hoodie on.

She is none of your business, now scram,” Alex replied as she stole out of Jane’s fries.

“Hey!” Jane caught her quickly and threw her a glare.

“I’m Trevor.” He brought out his hand to shake mine, and I took it. “And what is the beautiful lady’s name?” He asked without letting my hand go, and a smirk on his handsome face. Not as handsome as Ryan’s. I heard a voice say in my head.

“Samantha, but you can call me Sam.” I smiled, biting my lip to stop myself from giggling. Something I usually did whenever I was around cute guys. Cute guys like Ryan.

Shut up!.

“Samantha.” He repeated my name like he was testing how it sounded on his tongue, and that was a huge turn-on for me hearing him say my name. “I like that better.” He winked as he took my hand in his and brushed over my knuckles with his fingers.

“And would lovely Samantha like for me to take her out this Wednesday ?” He asked with that sexy smirk still on his face, like he knew I couldn’t resist his charm.

“I don’t know...I might not be available.” I liked him, but I don’t know why I keep comparing him to Ryan, and it sickened me

Speaking of Ryan, I could still feel his burning gaze at my back, and I turned to see him sitting still with his body rigid and taut while he glowered at both me and Trevor. What’s his problem?

Maybe going out with Trevor wasn’t such a bad idea, at least it would get him out of my head.

“You know what, I’m free on Wednesday night, and would love to go out with you,” I told Trevor and watched as a big smile appeared on his face.

“That’s great! I’ll need your number.” He brought out his phone for me to type my number in. “I’ll call you, and you can text me your address.” I handed his phone back to him and nodded while smiling at him.

“Are you guys done? You’re irritating me with all this affection shit.” Alex groaned, earning an eye roll from me.

“Alex!” Jane scolded her again while Trevor ignored her.

“Catch you later, Samantha,” Trevor stood up and walked away to another table filled with guys, which I thought his friends.

“Alex, you didn’t tell me you had a cousin here.” I decided to interrogate her now.

“Because he’s a very distant one, like from my grandaunt, and I hate him.” She explained while eyeing my unfinished burger.

“Why?”

“No reason, just do.” Her eyes were still fixed on my burger.

“Oh, just have it.” I pushed it over to her and watched as she rushed for it like a madwoman. I smiled and shook my head in amusement at her while Jane scolded her again for her behavior.

But I could still feel someone’s intense gaze at my back, and no matter what I tried to do, I couldn’t brush it off as I shifted uncomfortably in my seat.

***

After the last period, I went to look for Alex only to find out she had detention for sleeping in class, meaning I was on my own as Jane had a Math club meeting, she was such a nerd.

I was waiting for the bus at the walkway when a familiar-looking black car stopped right in front of me. The window slid down, and I got the shock of my life when I saw Ryan in the driver’s seat and glaring straight at me.

“Get in.”

*********************