Chapter 31: Crazy Ex

Today felt like a fantasy come true. Ryan actually asked me to be his girlfriend, and I accepted! We walked to class together, sat together in class, and couldn’t keep our eyes off each other.

We even skipped the third period together and spent it making out on the bleachers. Of course, we talked also, and he made some funny jokes, but we also sat in silence, just enjoying the moment. We almost got caught by coach, but Ryan and I quickly hid under the bleachers.

Even though our relationship started hours ago, it felt incredible and was going great, until Jenny happened.

“I heard there’s a new couple in school.” Jenny had sung as she walked up to us with fake enthusiasm.

Ryan and I were seated in the middle row of the classroom, ignoring the whispers, which I was sure were about us. A look of surprise etched on my face with an eyebrow cocked as I watched Jenny saunter over to us.

“Hey, Jenny. What’s up?” Ryan waves to her while I furrowed my eyebrows at them.

Okay, what is going on? Didn’t they just break-up? So they’re supposed to hate each other, right? But they seemed okay as they smiled at each other.

“Oh, look at you. You’re just glowing.” She gushed at me. I just kept staring at her, dazed. “I’ll see you guys at lunch. Bye.” She wiggles her fingers at us before walking to the back of the class, where her posse was seated.

“Okay, what was that?” I asked, still trying to comprehend what just happened.

“She was just being nice.” He explained. I moved back a little to stare at him properly.

“Being nice?” I repeated, “The last time I checked, she hates me, and I hate her. Oh, and I’m dating her ex-boyfriend.” I pointed out. I didn’t feel comfortable with him being friends with her. It just didn’t feel right. That chick once threatened me to stay away from him.

“Calm down, will you.” He huffed before pulling me closer. “She apologized for being rude to you at your dinner.”

“She didn’t apologize to me,” I muttered.

“She feels bad and just wants to be friends. That’s all. I’m friends with her. So please be nice to her. She’s not that bad.” He pleaded with me. Obviously, he didn’t know she usually threatened me to stay away from him.

I don’t think I’m ever going to like Jenny or want to be friends with her. But since Ryan has no problem with her, then maybe it’s all good. Plus, I didn’t want to sound like a jealous girlfriend. So, I’ll be the bigger person and let it all slide down my back. It’s all in the past now, and I completely trust Ryan to not break my heart for her.

“Okay. But I am not sitting with her at lunch.” I declared, knowing they always sat at the same table.

“Okay. We’ll sit wherever you want.” He agreed before placing a peck on my lip.

I looked up one last time at Jenny and found her already staring at us. When her eyes caught mine, she smirked before turning back to her friends.

I hope I don’t regret any decisions I make.

At lunch, Josh sat with Alex at our usual table while Jane, Ryan, and I sat opposite them. It felt weird because Jane was the only single one while the rest of us were cuddling. But she didn’t seem to mind.

We received a lot of stares, and I caught some staring and whisper. But I didn’t mind. I already expected this.

I noticed someone waltzing our way and turned to find it was Jenny, making a scowl appear on my face. A confident smile on her lips and a sway to her hips.