2: "Rare And Dangerous"

Y/N's P.O.V.

I messed up.
I really messed up.
I was in the middle of packing my bags when a pounding came from the front door, causing me to jump a little. I quietly moved over to the window, seeing an old mustang parked outside and two men by the door.
The shorter of them turned his head just in time to make eye contact with me and I silently swore as I jumped back from the window.
This couldn't be happening.

"Y/N? If you don't open the door, I'm going to kick it in. I know you're in there, I just saw you." A deep voice spoke and my heart pounded rapidly.

"What do you want?" I called out, closing my bag.

"We don't want any trouble. We're John Winchester's sons, Sam and Dean." A second voice, the one I spoke to in the phone, said.
"You sounded scared, we can help." Shit.
This couldn't get any worse, but what choices did I have? The back gate led round to the front and I couldn't get past them without being seen. I didn't want to hurt them either.
"We just want to talk."
I found myself moving to unlock the door. Talking couldn't hurt and it didn't sound like they were giving up anytime soon.
"Hey." The taller smiled.

"Hi." I opened the door to let them in, holding my breath.

"I'm Sam, this is Dean." I nodded my head, knowing exactly who they were now I saw them properly.
"You called our dad's old phone and you sounded scared, we drove down to check on you. We don't live too far from here."

"And you tracked me." I sighed and they nodded.
"So you know what John did for a living?"

"We grew up on the road with him, it was impossible not to know." Dean spoke, looking around, his eyes falling on the duffel.
"Going somewhere?"

"Maybe I am." I replied defensively.

"If you don't mind us asking..." Sam began, looking at the photo frames on the wall.
"How did you know our dad and what he did? You can't be any older than me."

"It's complicated." I sat down and Dean did the same.
"My mother was a witch. Natural born, but a rare and dangerous type of witch. I'm the same. Most witches use herbs and spellbooks, my magic is a... science. It's more Elemental-based. My mother has lived here since she was a little girl, she went to school with John, they were close." Sam smiled a little.
"And then John met your mother, Mary. My mother always told me their relationship was perfect, but John stopped spending time with my mother to be with yours, especially when Mary found out she was pregnant, which was understandable."

"This isn't adding up, where do you fit into this?" Dean asked impatiently.

"My mother was in love with your father." I said bluntly and they both looked surprised at the twist.
"Dean Winchester was 2 years old when Mary and John Winchester got into a fight so bad it had John storming off into a local bar. My mother was there, she was having a bad week and she figured she'd find the secret to happiness at the bottom of a bottle. John bought her a drink, a poor apology to his friend he had practically abandoned. One drink turned into several."

"Oh." Sam muttered, looking down and Dean looked clueless.

"What? So they shared a few drinks. What's so bad about that?"

"9 months later, I'm born." Dean suddenly looked horrified and his eyes met mine.
"John told Mary the truth and obviously she was upset and angry, but it was nothing compared to my mother, she could be bitter at times. She wanted John to chose. His son and wife or his best friend and daughter. It's no secret who he chose." I sighed.
"Not too long later, Mary announced her second baby was due and I was forgotten about. I didn't learn the truth until I was 18 and my mother was killed thanks to conflict with other witches. I read her journal, found John's number."

"If that's true then why haven't we met you before?" Dean challenged and my chest felt tight.

"Because John Winchester cheated on his wife and how the Hell was he supposed to look his two perfect sons in the eyes and tell them that? After he raised you to get revenge for your own mother's death? I was just his mistake. He met me and we spoke, he told me what I already knew and he told me I couldn't come near the two of you. Of course I wanted to meet you, but he knew I was a witch and he thought I would hurt you. He thought I would try and get revenge because he chose you over me." I blinked away the tears that were forming.
"He threatened to kill me if I found you or told you the truth. He told me not to call him again and he even had my number blocked for a while. He couldn't risk you two finding out the truth because he thought you'd hate him." I stood up and opened my duffel, taking out the journal, before handing it to Dean.
"That was my mother's. It tells you everything I just told you, except for the things that happened after she died."

"I believe you." Sam gave me a nervous smile.
"And we can talk about it later, but I think we should probably discuss why you were so panicked earlier?"

"Yeah, we kinda ditched checking up on someone." Dean muttered as he flipped through the pages of the journal and guilt shot through me.

"I pissed off a small coven of witches and they tried to kill me, came pretty close to it too. No big deal, though I give it a few days and they'll try again." I muttered.
"I'm sorry, you should go and check on your friend. I'll be here if you want to come back to talk after."

"No you won't." Dean said knowingly.
"Your bag is packed and you're ready to run off and start again."

"You should come with us." Sam blurted and Dean and I looked at him in shock.

"What?" We asked in unison.

"Come on, Dean. We have the space and maybe Y/N knows things that can help us out." Sam did exceptionally good sad puppy eyes.
"And we can help out with her witch problem. She's one of us, Dean. We can't just turn our back on her, not after Adam."