21: "The Name's Crowley, King Of Hell."

Y/N's P.O.V.

The drive back to the bunker was unbelievably tense.
Dean was wrapped in bedsheets from the motel room and carefully placed in the trunk.
No one dared to say a word as I drove the Impala and I couldn't help but think how I was supposed to break the news to Sam and Jack and Mary.
I felt sick, but I couldn't let it show.
Charlie was silently crying the whole way back and Cas had completely zoned out.
When we finally made it back to the bunker, I couldn't get out of the car fast enough, but I wasn't prepared for Jack and Sam waiting for us in the garage.

"Where's Dean?" Sam asked instantly and Charlie let out a sob.

"Y/N?" Jack asked quietly and I moved to the trunk, opening it. There was a bloodstain on the white sheets and tears burned my eyes as I looked down at it.

"No." Sam shook his head, looking down into the trunk.
"No, that's not-" Sam covered his mouth, looking at me. There was a lump in my throat and I wanted to scream.

"I'm sorry." Was all I managed to get out, before turning an walking away from the garage. I turned the corner, but I didn't even make it to my room, before a pair of arms wrapped around me and as much as I struggled, they didn't let go.

"Y/N, stop." Cas ordered and I turned to look at him with a watery glare.

"He's dead and it's my fault, Cas. I shouldn't have burst in like that, we should have had a plan-"

"We had a plan, Y/N. Get Charlie and kill the demons. Dean's death was not your fault." He said firmly and I shook my head.

"I couldn't save him, Cas." I grabbed onto his coat and he pulled me closer as I pushed my face into his shoulder.

"I know, I couldn't save him either." We stayed like that for a short while, before Cas pressed a kiss to my head and told me to go to my room whilst he spoke to Sam. He walked off and instead of going to my room, I went to the kitchen, planning on getting a glass of water.
Cas had gone back to the garage, but Sam was in the kitchen, nursing a bottle of whiskey.

"What happened to him Y/N?" Sam asked in a raspy voice and I turned my back to him, getting a drink with shaky hands.

"The demon appeared behind him, no one saw it until the knife was already in his back." My voice was no more than a whisper.
"He was right next to me, I- it should have been me."

"Yeah it should have." Sam glared at me.
"Then I'd have my big brother here and not you, the girl we saved 2 months ago, claiming to be our sister, but all she's done is bring us pain. We ditched Cas to come and get you that day, he almost died, then we all almost died trying to save you from your mother and now Dean is dead."

"Sam stop!" Jack looked at him from the doorway.

"No, he's right." I muttered.
"This is my fault."

"No." Jack shook his head, but I just walked out of the kitchen, heading towards the library.
I needed to find a book on magic, maybe I could find a healing spell, or something of the sort, that could be adjusted.

"Y/N?" Cas asked, looking at me. He was talking to Charlie in the library.

"I need a spell book, an old grimoire, anything. I don't care what kind of magic it is, If I can combine enough magic and healing spells, maybe I can bring him back." I put the glass down and moved to the shelves, looking at the range of books.

"I'm not a witch, but even I know mixing magic is dangerous." Charlie spoke.
"It could kill you."

"Well, if it brings back Dean, I'll do it." I replied honestly.

"So the rumours are true. There is a witch coordinating with the Winchesters." An accented voice spoke and I turned to look at the short man in a black suit.

"Crowley." Cas said darkly.
"Now is not the time."

"You're mourning squirrel, I heard what happened and I came to apologise for the behaviour of the dim-witted, idiotic demons." I looked at him with narrowed eyes.
"But I also have a gift. Dean's soul ended up in Hell and I will return it, on one condition."

"What do you want?" I asked quickly and he smirked at me.

"Information. Why are you here? Why is a powerful witch such as yourself wasting time on hunting monsters? And why don't I know who you are?"

"I can answer all three questions in one sentence." I looked at Cas in confusion.
"Her name is Y/N Winchester and she is John Winchester's second born child."

"Hang on, what?" Charlie asked, looking at me with wide eyes.

"Well, that certainly makes this a lot more interesting." The man spoke.
"The name's Crowley, King of Hell."

"Is that all you want?" I asked coldly and he smirked.

"Hmm, lets bring a Winchester back from the grave. Again."