18: "Prideful And Stubborn"

:)

Y/N's P.O.V.

"Hey." Cas looked at me from the doorway of my bedroom and I gave him a small smile.
It was around 3am and I couldn't sleep thanks to the guilt of what happened earlier with my mother. Everyone was healed up and Dean, Sam and Jack were all sound asleep.
"I thought you'd be awake."

"Need some company?" I asked and he came in, sitting beside me on the bed.
"I'm sorry. I got you all mixed up in my past and it almost cost you your lives."

"You're not the one who needs to apologise. I promised you I wouldn't let her get to you and she still did." Cas looked genuinely sad.
"I just don't understand why you sent Jack back here alone. He could have brought you both back, safe."

"Well, I wasn't thinking straight. I did hit my head pretty hard the day before and was too prideful and stubborn to let a certain angel heal me." I joked.
"Honestly, I couldn't risk bringing her here and I didn't want her near Jack, I know he's a lot stronger than he looks, but if she had gotten ahold of both of us, there was no way you would have been able to find us."

"That reminds me..." Cas reached into his pocket and pulled out the thin silver/gold chain, the simple star pendant on the end shining in the dim light.
"It's a beautiful necklace."

"I made a friend a while ago, after my mother died... the first time, we were really close and she gave it to me for my birthday." Cas moved to put the necklace on me and I smiled a little.
"Her name was Sara and she was the first person to ever give me a birthday present. We were 19 and she taught me how to be myself. She had an argument with her parents and she ended up moving in with me. We lived together for 5 years, before the car accident that killed her."

"I'm sorry for your loss." Cas frowned a little and I shook my head.

"Sara was an amazing person, she hated people being sad and she would have kicked my ass if I sat around and moped. I'm living my life for the both of us, even if my life kind of sucks at times." I smiled, looking at Cas.
His hair was messier than usual and his eyes held a deep sadness that made his pretty blue eyes just a few shades darker.

"I'm sure she'd be proud of who you've become." He whispered and it meant a lot to hear him say that.

"You want a drink? I've had a bottle of whiskey I've been saving for a while and I think it's about time I opened it." Cas didn't reply, so I opened the draw next to my bed, pulling out the bottle. I didn't have glasses, but I didn't particularly care.
I cracked the bottle open, taking a long drink, feeling the strong liquid burn my throat.
"Oh, that's good shit." I offered Cas the bottle and he took it, taking a drink. He pulled a face and I laughed quietly.
"Thanks, Cas."

"What for?" He asked and I sighed.

"Sitting here? Talking to me?" I shrugged and took another drink. Holy Hell, that whiskey was really strong. I didn't have the greatest tolerance for alcohol, I was a bit of a lightweight, but usually it took a little more than a few sips of whiskey to get me tipsy.
"Saving my ass? You've helped me out a lot and I haven't done anything for you."

"I enjoy talking to you, you're good company." I laughed a little, looking down at the bottle in my lap.
"You're smart and I like how well you've bonded with Jack. You fit in really well here."

"I like it here. I like talking to you too, this is the closest thing I've ever had to family and I know I haven't known you long, but I don't know what I would do without you." I admitted, taking another drink, my throat burning, but it was a welcomed pain. My stomach felt warm and I sighed in content.
Cas took the bottle, bringing it up to his lips, taking a pretty big drink, before placing it on the desk.
I wanted to ask him something, but the question slipped my mind when his lips made contact with mine. The kiss was short and rushed, nothing special at all. Cas sat up, his cheeks tinted pink.

"I- I- um..." He stuttered and I shut him up, by pulling his tie and crashing our lips together.
This kiss was much better. I could taste the whiskey in his mouth as we kissed, slow, but passionate and meaningful.
Neither of us were nowhere near drunk enough to blame the alcohol and definitely not drunk enough to forget.