Chapter 10

You know when detectives wants to question their prime suspect in movies, how they look all cool, with the swag they carry in their steps, how the whole world revolves around them, Yeah? Well, that wasn't the case for Chioma and Michael who were stuck in traffic.

"I feel like I am dying," Chioma said quietly her head resting against the window pane, eyes looking out. Hawkers were moving round the traffic, seeing it as an opportunity to sell their goods. She watched as from across the street a groundnut seller crossed the busy road to sell her groundnut to a man in his car.

"Well, I would keep you company if you hadn't told me to shut up." He said, resting his head on the driver head sit, eyes watching the activities going on in the road, he twisted his head a bit, glancing at Chioma before closing his eyes.

"Since when do you listen to what I say?"

"Since now."

"Well... Un-shut-up or whatever, Jesus, just do something to help with this boredom or perform magic, anything!"

Michael opened one eye looking at her, mischievousness written all over. "Well, if you want entertainment, there is something I can give you." He said sitting up straight, staring at her with gentle brown eyes.

Chioma raised her head up and looked at him. "I don't like that look on your fa-"

"Oooohooooo baby I love the way!!!" Michael burst into a strange song.

"Michael, what is going on?" She asked confused, sitting up quickly.

He stopped singing,"I have been told that I had the voice of an angel, by so many people around me."

"Michael?"

"Yeah?"

"They lied, they lied to you, they lied hard."

"Oh!" He said quietly, the jovial smile he wore before transforming into a sad one and his eyes no longer held it's look again. He kinda looked like a child who had been told he was of bad behavior.

"Uhmm..." Chioma didn't know what to do. "You can still sing... I didn't say you should stop oo."

"No, don't worry. I don't want to be a bother, let's turn up the radio." He reached forward and Chioma held his hand mid air, for some seconds they sat looking at their hands. "Your hands are really small and soft," Michael said intertwining them.

Chioma suddenly felt chills over her body, "W-well your hands are big and s-strong." She tried to pull her hands back, but Michael held tight to it.

"Are we ever going to talk about that day?" He asked looking at her, she looked away immediately.

"No, we shouldn't. Just drop it Michael, it would never work out."

"But-"

A loud horn blasted, they looked up to see that the traffic had cleared on their lane and vehicles where moving by freely now. The driver of the vehicle behind them was getting impatient, waiting for Michael to join the moving vehicles.

"Look at that..." She said pulling her hand back, "ok, let's go." She rested her head against the window again.

~~~~~~~~~~~

As they got closer the Edward mansion, they sighted a woman leaving, Chioma leaned forward, looking closer as the woman got into her car.

"Michael!" She called.

"Yeah?" He answered confused.

"Look, that woman, walking to her car." She pointed in the direction of a young lady in a black knee size dress, wearing huge sunglasses, walking towards a red sedan car. "That's the woman that gave me CPR...look! She is the one."