|| Ayat's Decision

*Making a decision of to be amazing, you will always find that either you are admired or hated*

When Alina reached home, soon after she witnessed the sight of curled up unconscious Ayat she rushed to her, tried to wake her up, she sprinkled some water on her face, but when she noticed her body temperature is high and she wasn't responding, she gave a call to Ryan.

Unfortunately she was unaware of the fact that her friends sufferings were caused by Ryan. When Ryan didn't receive, she directly gave a call to Carter.

He was her only option because Nate was out of town with his father.
Carter arranged everything quickly and as soon as possible Ayat got the treatment.

Carter flew back to town when she got Alina's call. Nothing was as important as Ayat for him.
But deep down seeing her condition he knew what would has been happening.

They waited for few hours before doctors inform them that she was safe and they can meet her.

When Alina and Carter entered in room, they saw a heart broken sight. They saw their strong, independent, full of life friend was laying at hospital bed like a dead body only the difference was she is breathing. She was still breathing but there was no hope no happiness in her eyes.

Carter clenched his fist.

"This is that bastard's doing right?"

Ayat didn't respond to his question. Alina put her hand on his shoulder to request him control his anger. They needed to support Ayat this time.

They took care of Ayat. After two days she got discharged but during these forty eight hours she didn't say a single word.

She was with them but like a walking dead body. Carter sighed standing at the door of Ayat's room. Alina came and stood beside him.

"Do you know why this time she is like this?"

Carter spoke in low voice. Obviously not wanted Ayat to hear anything.

"What do you mean this time?" Alina asked in half shock half curiosity. Did Ayat suffer like this before in the past?

"Let's talk in living room" Carter and Alina moved back in living room and took their seats.

"It was all started when Ayat was 4 years old. His father was working in foreign but thrice in a year he came back to spent time with her and her mom. But when she turned into four he stopped visiting them. That year he promised to come back for her birthday. But he didn't"

With sadness in his voice he continued

"She waited for her father to come back, atleast give her a call but he never did. Slowly she stopped celebrating her birthday and also stopped waiting for her father or his call. After few years we got to know that he got married in London with heir of well known rich family and they had a son together. That broke her heart but what pained her seeing daily her mom struggling with life. Re-establishing the family business without anyone's help and taking care of her old Grandma and her only daughter alone."

Then Alina spoke."Her nightmare, that makes sense now. Why she always cried for her father to not leave her"

"Yeah that's the part of her trauma. But I am really proud of her she stood up straight after all the suffering and be the backbone for her mother. She or her mom never tried to reach to her father or tried to contact him. They never wanted to disturb his life if he is happy there."

"But...." He sighed didn't know he should continue with this part.

"But what tell me Carter" Alina insisted and Carter gave in.

"But after completing her masters she got into an accident. It was more like a murder. Someone stabbed her on back. We were at the community center enjoying the ice cream when she got attacked. I rushed her to hospital and thank god she made it. We investigated it further and got to know her stepbrother tried to harm her"

Alina gasped "her brother?"

"Yeah James Green, son of Winston Green. That bastard again tried to harm her during your trip to Serendipity"

"So it was him who tried to kill her but why?"

"We don't know the reason but still it killed her a bit by bit knowing her own father didn't love her and now her brother want her dead.
That's why I asked Ryan to not hurt her again because she wouldn't be able to take the hatred of another man whom she loves with all her heart. But that bastard did the exactly what I didn't want"

"How do you know it's him?"

"Can't you see? She has already lost all her hope, she hasn't taken his name even. And of course he haven't called or checked on her after that day."

Alina thought to herself, whatever Carter was saying that's right. She needes to talk to Nate as soon as possible but he is still with his father on business tour.

Suddenly Ayat entered into the room. Carter and Alina both looked helplessly at her after hearing her words, the only thing she said in these three days.

"I am leaving this country in two weeks"

*****
Please do votes and comments
Srish 💕