25. Lovely Elafia

(Firewatch) Filia's P.O.V

I was lucky, that before the event in the forest started, I accidentally misplaced one of my bolts quiver in the room. Where one of the ringleaders, who was wearing a hoodie has brought me into.

At the right moment when the hoodie girl ringleader (Crownslayer) was distracted, I took out an explosive bolt with my mouth after leaning down to the quiver. Which I throw with a turn from my head, towards her.

The ringleader successfully deflects the bolt with the flat side of her blade, and cause it to collide with the wooden wall. An explosion follows afterwards, which knocks both of us away into separate corners. The blast was too great for me as my body was slammed against the opposite wall, and I fell unconscious.

[Fi-] - ???

That voice...

[Fire-] - ???

It sounds familiar...

[Firewatch!] - ???

I can feel myself, waking up...

............................................................................

[Firewatch?] - ???

I slowly parted my eyelids, welcoming the light from the ceiling. My eyes hurt from the bright light as I tried to move my right arm, to only feel numbness. Switching my method, I moved my left hand and covered my eyes away from the light. Giving comfort to my eyesight before letting out a sigh.

It took me a few seconds to vaguely guess in what state and place I am currently. Either, I got captured again or rescued and the latter sounds more convincing. Since most captors are not considerate enough to let their captives to lay on a comfy bed.

[How are you feeling, Firewatch?] - Maria

A familiar voice caught my attention, as I slightly move my arm away from my eyes. Peeking through the small gap and saw a woman with a hooded dark-blue coat. Her golden eyes gazing softly at me. Leaning forward in concern of me.

Dr Maria, the last doctor on Rhodes Island. She was on the verge of losing her memories, but luckily we made it on time to rescue her at Chernobog in a building nearby a charity hospital before I quit Rhodes Island.

[I'm fine. Just some pain here and there] - Filia (Firewatch)

I replied with a low tone, before closing my eyes back. Calming down my headache due to the long sleep. Letting out a satisfying huff and indulge the warmness of the bed.

I could feel Maria's concern gaze on me, but I decided to ignore that for now. Since the light is still blinding my eyes and the wound I sustained still hurts, a bit.

[You sure? The explosion from before, cost your right arm] - Maria.

Her words explained the numbness I felt from my right shoulder. It did cause me to panic slightly but I know that its no use to ask for something that is already gone.

I admit that my prowess in fights decreases because of the loss of my right arm. But I believe I can still keep up with operators who are on the same level as me.

[Regardless, it's better than getting held captive by the Reunion] - Filia

I expressed my opinions to Dr Maria, that it could be worse if the opposite happened. Earning a small frown from her, before she gave me a nod, seeming to agree. She pulled out a mechanical pencil and note something down. Maybe something related to my condition.

A chair slightly screeches against the uncarpeted floor as Dr Maria stood. Going near a door and push a switch on the wall. Switching off the lights before sitting back down on her chair. Allowing me to retract my left arm and open my eyes without getting it irritated.