Chapter Five- I Call My Sister

A few days had passed by since I had managed to recover from the most hellish hangover of my life, and with the new month of October brought changes to the interior of the dormitories, which were now decorated with little pumpkins, ghosts and witches. 

Apparently it had been Winona and X who had put most of it together, and I had to say I did admire their handiwork.

Before I could leave the dormitories for the day ahead, my phone began to buzz away in my pocket, and I quickly realised that it  was an incoming call from my sister, Violet. 

"Hey," I said. 

"Hi Selina! How's it going? Have you made any friends yet? Are there any cute guys there? Any cute girls?" she asked me. 

Of course, Violet was openly bisexual, so she would be interested to know both sides of this situation. 

I decided to answer each of her questions one by one, as truthfully as possible. 

"It's going pretty well, Vi. I made some new friends, they're called Winona and Xena and they're amazing. Besides that, I don't know about guys so much. There's this girl called Lily who I'm half-convinced hates me but-" 

"Hold that thought. I just got a call from my maths professor. I'll call you back, Sel. I love you," she said, and quickly ended the call. 

"Love you too," I said, in barely a whisper. 

I was soon approached by Winona, who looked towards me with an inquisitive expression. 

"What was that all about?" she asked me. 

"My sister called," I told her. 

Winona nodded. 

"Oh cool! I don't have any siblings," she stated. 

"Well, consider yourself blessed," I joked. 

I really did love Violet, of course. She could just be slightly temperamental at times, but then again, I supposed so could I. 

"Nah, I think it would be cool to have some, really," Winona stated. 

I just met her with a look of consideration for a moment. 

"Anyway, I'm glad to see you're feeling better. You were managing to go to classes alright, but then as soon as we got back you would just-" 

"Fall asleep in my room. I know. Remind me that as someone who is 5'4 it is not a good idea for me to drink more than three double vodka lemonades in a row," I told her. 

She released a gentle laugh.

"Note taken, Sel," she told me, "So, did you like the Halloween decorations?" 

"I loved them! Are you planning on hosting a Halloween party?" I asked her. 

"More than likely," Winona replied. 

I grinned at that. 

"How exciting," I replied. 

A few fleeting seconds later, the two of us were joined by X. 

"Xena Emma Lewis, how are you doing, girl?" Winona inquired, but then her deep-set eyes widened a little at her words, "Wait, did I just make a total faux pas?" she asked. 

X smirked. 

"No, you're fine. Like I said, I don't mind all that much," they stated. 

"So, does dude work too?" Winona wondered.