Chapter Twelve- I Go On Break

It had been amazing to go home, and finally get to see my family again.

Aside from that, though, I was also thankful for the fact that an opportunity to be at home meant that I got some free space away from my frantic studying, of literary classics, and historical authors.

As much as I enjoyed learning about all of these topics, I also enjoyed spending time with my family, the people that mattered most to me, a whole lot more.

It was also just great to be able to see my cat, Gail, again. She was a ginger tabby and she was absolutely adorable. Nobody could change my mind on such matters and they would never be able to, and I stood by that.

It had also been awesome to spend some time with my sister, too, but I had yet to mention the whole Lily debacle to her.

I was just curious as to whether the girl liked me or not.

She gave a lot of mixed signals at times.

I supposed that was just how she liked to keep things interesting.

However, it confused the hell out of me.

Either way, I was glad to have my family around.

It meant that I could have more of Steven's amazing Greek cooking, which I was always incredibly thankful for, of course.

I was convinced that my father should have just switched his occupation to being a chef, but he didn't appear to think the same.

He did earn good money in his business job, though, so I supposed he didn't want to give that up.

"What's up, scrub?" Violet asked me, as she wandered into my room and began to look through my wardrobe. 

I just looked towards her, with an incredulous expression. 

"What are you doing?" I asked her, rubbing at my still partially sleepy eyes. 

"What does it look like I'm doing? I'm going out later today. I want that black crop top," she stated, then. 

"Vi...it's like nine degrees outside," I stated. 

"So?" she asked, widening her eyes at me. 

"Okay, okay," I said, exhaling in subtle irritation. 

The things I do for this girl. 

I looked through the wardrobe, and eventually took the top out to pass it to her. 

"Thank you. You're great," she told me.

"Just don't get...anything on it, okay?" I asked her. 

"Sure!" Violet stated. 

She was a notoriously messy eater, and given that painting was one of her hobbies, I didn't hold out much hope on this one. 

"You know, you can rely on me, right? It sort of offends me that you don't think you can," she replied, "So sensitive." 

"I'm not sensitive," I replied, then. 

Sensitive to the emotions of others, maybe. 

"Oh please, Selina. You totally are," she told me. 

I just gave a dramatic roll of my eyes in response to that. 

"Do you need anything else?" I inquired. 

"Nope. This should be all for now. Thanks again, Sel! You're the best!" she told me, and then proceeded to head out of my room. 

I just pinched the bridge of my nose, and proceeded to clean up the mess of clothes on the floor that had occurred when Violet had been sifting through my things.