Chapter Twenty-One- I Get Kissed Under The Mistletoe

I hadn't exactly been expecting for my Christmas morning to start off with a call from Lily, but that was what happened anyway. 

Either way, I answered the phone, because I was not about to find out what would happen if I ignored her. 

"Hey Lily," I said, trying to clear the sleepiness from my voice, as I sat up properly in my bed, and rubbed at my eyes. 

"Merry Christmas, Selina!" she said to me. 

"Merry Christmas, Lily," I said, unable to stop myself from smiling as I heard her voice on the other side of the line. 

"How are you doing this morning?" she inquired. 

If I didn't know better, I would expect that she needed something. 

Then again, this was Lily I was talking about, here. 

"I'm tired," I said. 

"Oh shoot! Did my call wake you up?" she asked me. 

Well, admittedly, yes. 

I used to wake up earlier on Christmas day, but I supposed that had all changed recently, given that I had been staying up so late to read books for the classes that I would be participating in after the break, and yeah, you heard that correctly. 

Mr Jones' final words to me before I had left for the holidays had been that I would be able to secure an A on my assignment if I simply took it upon myself to study more. Well, he had included that in his speech to me, and recommended me to read a little more, and participate more, too, apparently. 

Perhaps I could take some confidence from my friends, who all seemed to have it in bounds. 

"Nah, you're all good," I replied to Lily's question, eventually, realising that my thoughts were drifting rather rapidly. 

"Awesome. Well, anyway...I needed to ask you for a small favour," she informed me. 

I smirked, as I sat there with my phone in hand. 

"A small favour?" I inquired. 

"Well, okay...maybe a little more than a small favour. Still, my father and I had a disagreement, and I don't know...I promised that I would spend some of Christmas day with him, but would it be cool to meet up with you later? I know that our houses aren't all that far from each other," she said. 

Well, I supposed that she did have a point there.

A half hour drive wasn't what I could call that far, even if she wasn't right next door. 

"That should be cool," I said, almost hesitant to believe the fact that I had just said that. 

Regardless, though, I had told Lily that I would be there to help her when she needed it, and be there I would be. 

"You're a great person, Selina. Thank you. Have an amazing day. Say merry Christmas to your family from me," she said, then. 

"Of course! You too," I replied. 

Once she ended the call, I hurried to my bathroom to begin to get ready.

After I had done that, combed through my hair, and brushed my teeth, too, I wandered over to my wardrobe to pick out my outfit for the day- a red sequin sweater. 

This was especially for Christmas, of course. 

After that, I placed on some comfortable dark leggings, and wandered downstairs to meet with my father first of all, who was already all dressed.