Chapter Nine-I Have A Study Session

The more time I spent at Cambridge, the more I got to explore just how deeply wonderful and beautiful this part of England was. 

It almost made me feel sort of bittersweet that there would ever come a time where it wouldn't be my home any more. 

Of course, I missed my family, but I was beginning to love my new university family, too. 

The day was mild, so I was relaxing outside on the green, drawing for a little while, until I felt someone present in front of me. 

Sure enough, when my eyes glanced up, I was met with the cool gaze of Lily Everett. 

"Can I help you?" I asked her. 

"I just wanted to get your attention," she stated, "Halloween party in five days, just before the break for home. Are you going to be there?" she asked me. 

"Probably. What's in it for me?" I asked her. 

"Hot guys, girls, whatever takes your fancy in costumes. What more is there to love?" she inquired. 

I just smirked. 

"Okay, sold," I said. 

Her eyes widened slightly at that. 

"Damn, Cooper," she stated. 

"I'm kidding," I stated. 

She simply smirked in response to that statement. 

"Sure you are," she said. 

Before I could protest further, Winona arrive to save my butt. 

"So, what's going on? What did I miss?" she inquired. 

"I'm having a party in a few days. Can I expect to see you there, Nona?" Lily asked. 

Winona nodded. 

"Duh. I love me some Halloween festivities," she stated. 

I smirked at that response. 

So could I, though, in all honesty. 

I could understand Winona's excitement well enough. 

It would be nice to go out for a night on the town, though, too. 

I planned on doing that with Winona and X at some point. 

I wanted to visit the main landmarks, such as the Fitzwilliam Museum and Anglesey Abbey. 

Sigh. England truly was beautiful, if you knew the best places to go. 

I was excited to be able to visit more places, during my time, here. 

"Well, awesome. I, Lily Marie Everett, shall see you there," she stated. 

Even her name was pretty! 

Not that I would ever admit that to her, of course. 

"I, Winona Valerie Grace, look forward to it," she stated. 

Damn. Did everyone at this university have pretty names? 

I supposed Selina Effie Cooper was pretty nice, too, though. 

Lily drew a hand through her light blonde hair, and sighed in contentedness, before coming so sit beside me for a moment. 

"What are you drawing, Cooper?" she asked me, and then impulsively reached out to take my sketchbook, "Can I see it?" 

"Well, I guess you can, now," I said, with a slightly nervous laugh, as her eyes glance over my work. 

"This is actually not that bad. You're talented? Damn, Cooper, if I had known as much, maybe I would have been a fraction nicer to you," she said.