Chapter Eight- I Meet Lily's Guests

Fortunately, none of us ended up being expelled, but we were put on kitchen duty for a week after the food fight had broken out. 

It was fair, though, in all honesty, and my parents both couldn't entirely believe what had happened when I spoke to them about it on a call. 

Needless to say, I wasn't really the rebellious type, but hey, life could get boring if it was always the same, right? 

At least, that was what Xena would tell me.  

It was a good thing that they still said they would visit me soon, though, but before that would happen, I knew that Lily was planning on having her younger sister, Lina, stay in the dorms, as a guest, for a few days. 

I soon stepped out into the hallway to find Lily there. 

"Hey," I said to her. 

She was on the phone, and so just held up a hand for me to, I suppose, hold for a minute. 

Eventually, she began to bring her phone call to a close. 

"Yes, dad. I'll be here. Okay, I'll see you soon," she stated, and then ended the call, before meeting my gaze, and raising an eyebrow at me, "Right, what do you want?" she asked me. 

"Nothing. I was just saying hey," I stated. 

"Okay, well, I've got to go and meet with a girl in a couple of minutes. So, anything else?" she inquired. 

I just gave a slight shake of my head. 

Lily leant back a little and smiled satisfactorily. 

"Good. See you later, Cooper," she said, and gave a flutter of her fingers, before walking out of the dormitories. 

Well, she was fun. 

Of course, that wasn't going to be the last time that I would see her, because when I went to the library, I saw her with Ulric. 

Okay, well that definitely wasn't a girl. 

"Nah, she was a no show," Lily stated, "I'm so sick of being stood up by these girls," she sighed. 

Ulric sighed, meeting her with an empathetic expression. 

Before he could say anything, Lily caught sight of me. 

"Oh, it's just you, Cooper. What a relief...or not, actually. Still haven't made up my mind about you yet," she stated. 

I just gave a slightly shy smile. 

"Hey, it'll work out," Ulric told Lily, as he squeezed her shoulder reassuringly. 

Lily just gave him a thankful look. 

"You're right. It will work out. Eventually," she stated. 

I really didn't have a clue what the two of them were on about, but I wasn't about to ask too many questions. 

"Anyway, want to study for a little while?" she asked him. 

"'Course," he replied. 

"You want to join in, Cooper?" she wondered aloud. 

In all honesty, I wasn't sure whether she was being genuine, but I gave a nod of my head in response regardless. 

It was just nice of her to have invited me to study with the both of them. 

It seemed very uncharacteristic for Lily, but then again, she was a popular girl. 

It made sense for her to be nice to people every once in a while, I supposed.