ch7. marrying my boss

"what took you so long?" Alexandra asked me the moment I walk to her desk. "nothing... just some.. whatever." I forced a smile, "Ashton is looking for you! Again" I sighed loudly, I don't think I did anything,

I knocked on the door, I went inside and saw Ashton with a security guard. "bring them here!" he whispered but I heard him. The guard went out and Ashton hugged me, I hissed in pain. "are you okay?!" he asked me worried, "yeah... I fall earlier." I lied because I don't want him to fire them. I know he would do that.

"Okay, where.. show me!" he ordered me and I blinked twice... show him.. "Dila" he raised an eyebrow, "okay fine, it's not a big deal.." I lifted my shirt and show him my stomach, "see. there is nothing." I said and he touched my stomach, I gulped, the pain is clear. I tried not showing but he pushed on the right spot, I backed away "okay, it hurts but no big deal!" I tried to say but he pulled me and cuddled me. "I am sorry, first your head.. then your shoulder now your stomach. I am so sorry." He said caressing my back.

-what is going on here?

My brain shouted, I really don't know.. I think he cares about me.
-I know he cares, but why is he hugging me. you...us!
What you want him to kiss you?! I think I hit my head.
-why do I have an idiot owner!

A nock cut this comfy embrace, the security guard came in, "I brought them, sir." Ashton told him to send them in. The girls from the bathroom came inside. How did he know?

"who hit my wife?" he interrogated angrily, everyone kept silent but when Ashton slammed his hand on his desk, they shook afraid. "I did." The same girl from earlier said, she looked at me disgusted. "everyone else is fired but you." Ashton said making everyone surprised, even me!

"We didn't do anything!" a girl pointed out, "exactly. you should have stopped her." Ashton roared at them, I was afraid. All of the girls went out except the one that hit me. "so, for you. I will call the police and report you." She was afraid now, maybe terrified.

"wait, please. someone told me to do it." She said scared. "they sent me an email, and they transferred money to my account.." she said showing Ashton her phone, "don't call the police please." She wept, Ashton looked at me. "she did this to you, what do you want to do?"

He can't leave this to me, I never told him.. but what I really wonder about is how that security guard knew?

-well, I don't care, you go and call the cops and report this girl!
My brain shouted, actually. I wanted to do so but. I don't want to be mean or hurt anyone, I don't want any enemies here.

"Ashton, let her go. I don't know.. police reports and stuff.. we have dinner tonight." I whispered reminding him, he sighed heavily.. "you are fired, I can't let you stay here." He said and then looked at the bodyguard "please investigates in this email thing, and show her out." The guard nodded understanding and they left.

Ashton didn't speak for a whole century, not that long but that's how it felt for me. "Dila, we are going home." He urged, I went and get my stuff, I said bye to Alexandra. Ashton told her to get the rest of the day off.

On the way back, Ashton was driving. He kept holding my hand, I am not against it but I am afraid of crashing.

-it feels like real couples, Admit it.
No, anyone could hold hands.
-like brothers and sisters... are you crazy.
We have a professional relationship. I repeated just as a reminder.
-say that again and I will throw myself from your head to the road, maybe a truck would hit me but that is better than hearing lies.

Fine! Maybe not professional, but it wasn't me. it was him.
-now you blaming him! But you enjoyed every moment of every kiss, don't you wonder how he is in..
OH MY GOD! NO, I DON'T WANT TO WONDER! I gasped with wide eyes, what am I thinking of.. next thing I knew when the car stopped, we were at the hotel parking area. Ashton gets down fast and held my door. He is a gentleman of course! He is Ashton but who am I to him. "do you feel any pain?" he asked as he helped me get down from the car, I shook my head no.