Chapter 5

"Couldn't you use the printer you have?" Hatori asks as I sit at his desk and the printer churns along.

"Dry." I mindlessly say, looking over at Kana's neat little desk.

"Right," Hatori sighs as he looks back down at his watch. "Kana was supposed to be back from her lunch break already."

"Your lunch break ended two minutes ago, calm down." I say to him as I look around his desk for a stapler.

"And your parents wonder why you don't have a job." He comments as I yank my my work transcript off the paper tray.

"I'm sorry that not all of us had our entire future laid out." I mutter. "Where's your stapler."

"Natsu, your parents knew what you were going to do with the rest of your life the day your mother found out she was pregnant with you. Don't act like you've got it so hard." He reminds me while fishing out a pink stapler.

"Why do you have a pink stapler?" I snort, choosing to ignore his remark that I walked straight into.

"Because mine's disappeared. And Kisa left her's here the other day." He explains.

"Back to baby sitting duties?" Despite the fact that Hatori Sohma is the worst person to babysit your child (he's an absolute bore), Kisa Sohma likes him babysitting her better than anyone else, even me. No one understands why she likes him so much, she doesn't even give her own explanation, but she does.

"Yes, and she bit Kana yesterday. And I didn't know how to properly explain why." He sighs, taking the stapler back from me.

"Did you spritz her with water?" I ask.

"No. I didn't realize she was a full on cat, and had the be disciplined with water." He rolls his eyes.

"I'm just saying it works. And you know, tigers and cats, basically the same. Especially at her age." I shrug, handing the stapler back. "And, hey, at least she didn't staple Kana's hand like I did to Shigure in middle school."

"God, I honestly chose to forget about that whole incident." He groans at the memory.

"Wildest thing I'll ever do." I laugh as I stick my transcript back into my bag.

"Sure, Natsu. You tell yourself that." He sits down in the vacant desk chair as I glance through my bag.

"Oh, do share what you mean by that?" I narrow my eyes at him, hoping he's not thinking about that.

"No." He states.

"Then why did you say that?" I snap, mad at the thought of it.

"Don't you have places to be?" He snaps back, changing the subject. "Surely there are other people you can bother with your nonsense."

"Fuck you." I tell him before storming out of his house, once again in a state of anger.

"It feels like so long since you've visited me, Natsu." Recently, something about Akito has made my skin crawl. Something about her seems even more sinister. It makes me want to puke, or run for the hills.

"I've been very busy lately, Akito. But I can always make time for you." Would I really put everything down, just for Akito? Am I so unwilling to stand up against her. Do I really let the curse consume me? Maybe that's why he hates me so much.

"I expect as much from you, my dear, dear Natsu."