Chapter 14

"Hey,why don't we get some fresh air." Mayuko sticks her head into my room.

"Sure."

I clinch my crutch as we walk through the green space of the hospital." I feel bad that I haven't come by earlier and seen you." She sighs.

"It's not a problem. Honestly, I've had so many visitors, I barely noticed, actually." I laugh.

"I would have come sooner, but there have been some issues with Kana." She picks up a fallen sakura blossom and stares at it.

"With Kana?" I haven't heard that name in what seems like forever. Everything has been so crazy.

"Yes. I'm afraid to say, she's calling you... a... I'm not going to say the actual word, but she's been calling you basically a, a uh, witch." Mayu clears her throat.

"Why? What have I done?" I know exactly what word she's actually calling me. But why? I haven't done anything that would involve her in nearly a month, I think. Unless, if..... but surely she wouldn't have.

"Well, she said, that she had told you she liked that doctor friend of yours, the one she was working for, and that you turned around and got with him. Or something like that, I don't remember it exactly. And she's told both me and my parents, and probably her parents that."

"That's ridiculous. Hatori Sohma would never even consider dating me in a million years. And I might be... a witch sometimes, I'm not THAT bad." I nervously laugh. Or maybe I am? I did accidentally tell Hatori that she liked him, and it, not it might, it would be my fault if he turned her down. Because we both know that that the laws of our" bond" were that we'd never find true happiness without each other. So...... I guess it is my fault that Hatori turned her down. But still... that being said, he wouldn't have said something stupid like, "Oh, sorry, I don't like you because I like Natsu." He would never say anything like that.

"Well, my parents don't believe her, they still have too high of hopes that you'll hook me up with one of your cousins or something like that. And I wasn't going to be too quick to take sides. Besides, Kana has a knack of going over board." She yawns.

"I did accidentally tell Hatori that Kana had a crush on him." I kick an the ground, and then let out a sneeze.

"Bless you. And even if that is the case, if he already didn't like her when you told him that, it wouldn't have changed his mind. I don't blame you for his rejection of her."

"Oh thank goodness, I've already had enough on my plate."

"But that being said, why the heck were you even talking about Kana having feeling about him in front of him?" She asks.

"Oh it's a looong story, Mayuko."

"I've got time." She smirks.

As Mayuko and I walk back into the Hospital, near the waiting room, I am met by diamond dust tension coming from Momo and Shigure. "Uh, I've got to get back to work. I'm going to leave ya'll to sort out whatever it is that's going on here."

"Okay, I'll see you around, Mayu." She turns and leaves, and I am once again met with the horrible tension. "Can I invite you into my room?"

I sit down on the bed, but neither Shigure or Momo sit down. I am so left feeling even more unconformable. "So, what's going on?"

"I know now about the curse." Momo speaks up.

"You told her?!" 

"SHE TREATENED ME!" Shigure  defends himself.