Chapter 5

"We found Marinette." Damian tensed at the word Marinette before a terrifying calm came over him, his eyes darkened. Dick stepped back and waited for the backlash.

"I told you to drop it." No one dared say a word. "I told you that she was not your concern. You were warned that she is not a topic to discuss and yet you continue to press the subject. Did you really think that I needed your pathetic investigation to tell me what city she lives it? That I didn't know exactly where she lived? Went to school? That I hadn't considered flying over a million times to see her!?"

Dick felt bad now, Bruce and Alfred were right. Bringing it up only made Damian miss her more.

"IF YOU THINK THAT YOU WANT TO MEET HER CAN YOU IMAGINE NOT SEEING THE LOVE OF YOUR LIFE FOR YEARS KNOWING THEY WERE JUST A PLANE RIDE AWAY?" They flinched at Damian's words, his sudden outburst worrying them. Damian was emotional, he hid it well but when he was angry he was almost rabid. They'd never seen him like this, controlled despite his rage.

"We've had so many plans for when we meet again, the list is staggering. But we both know it's better that we're apart, she's safer where I'm not. My enemies, those who know who she is, are still out there and know who I am. I refuse to put her in that type of danger." Damian's anger turned more melancholic, like he was trying to convince himself more than them. His desperate longing to see Marinette showing.

"Damian... you can't live like this." Damian's attention snapped to Tim then to Dick.

"He's right, Little D, we can't let other people control our lives. If she has to stay with the people in Paris then they can keep her safe, but don't let your fear of what might happen stop you from seeing her."

"I wish she didn't stay with the League but where would she go? She doesn't have parents, and Fu is gone."

"Why can't she come here?" Damian's head snapped to Jason.

"What did you not get from 'my enemies know who she is and we're safer apart'?" Damian shot back, poison lacing his voice.

"Oh come on!" Jason was done with the over dramatic pinning and self pity he could feel oozing out of Damian. "Don't be so black and white, where is safer than here? In a place filled with vigilantes, not to mention the fact that the manor is practically a base." Damian thought it over quickly, 'A visit couldn't hurt, I'd be careful, no one would know I was there except Marinette'.

"I'll think about it, Todd. In the meantime, pack your bags. Now get out." The boys were pushed out, Damian immediately called Marinette again. None of the boys believed that they actually did it.

"Holy shit." Jason spoke first before they shouted and high-fived in victory, they had bags to pack.

Damian sat in his seat, it was seventh period, Thursday, and he was counting down the moments until he could see Marinette again.  Every student and faculty member gave him at least three feet of space on all sides. By the time school was out he was ready to ditch his brothers and zeta to the city of lights. He almost did but on his way to the cave his father spoke to him, not really paying attention as he read something.

"I disabled them until your flight tomorrow, go get ready for patrol." Damian gave his father a murderous glare before obeying.

Damian sat in his seat, he looked out the window and noted that the weather was decent enough. His brothers were seated near him as they waited for their departure. The plane took off shortly after and would be staying in Paris with them until Sunday afternoon. Damian fidgeted with his Sat. phone as he looked out the window eventually getting restless and rereading her letters to him, her even script calming him. He'd see her soon.