Chapter 6

***NO sexual content in this story***

Damian and his brothers went up to their hotel rooms after making plans to meet with Marinette the next day, they said their goodbyes Damian giving her a small kiss on her cheek.

"Oh, Marinette? Do you remember the first time my mother tied to separate us?" Marinette laughed, nodding- agreeing to what he was really asking.

"See you tomorrow, Damian." He nodded, he'd have to get rid of his brothers by midnight.

Marinette immediately made her way home, dealing with a minor Akuma before helping her parents close the bakery for the night. They ate supper before Marinette got ready for 'bed'. She showered and changed into her pajamas before going over some of the lessons she missed from that afternoon.

Damian was in his room trying to get his brothers to leave him alone, it had been an hour since they ate dinner but they wouldn't leave.

"Why? It's not like you've got anything better to do, brat."

"I just had to deal with you three idiots all day, I think I've earned some space." Tim knew they'd been on top of him all day and so did Dick but if Marinette was as capable as Damian said- they knew to be more skeptical.

"Alright... just know I'm on the other side of the door if you need anything." Tim offered before walking through the door that connected their rooms.

"Yeah, and we're across the hall... so see you tomorrow." Dick walked out after Tim. Jason tried to hand Damian something but he rolled his eyes,

"You are disgusting. I'm sixteen." Jason shrugged and walked to his room, closing the door behind him. Damian blushed furiously at what Jason alluded to, they'd never even kissed.

Marinette got out of her bed the moment the clock struck 11:59 and transformed into Ladybug. She arrived at Damian's balcony and saw he was lying in bed. Marinette opened the balcony door and closed it behind her before transforming back into her pajamas and flopping onto Damian.

"Surprise."  Marinette whispered before moving to lay next to Damian, hugging like they used to as children. Marinette's head resting on Damian's chest as he pulled the blankets over them, eventually pulling her closer.

"I missed you." Marinette whispered softly nestling closer to Damian as he wrapped is arms around her.

"I know, and it will never happen again, love." Damian felt her relax against him, he decided to bring up something he'd been thinking about.

"You wear pigtails? Do you like tying your hair up now? I remember you always hated to do so as a child."

"Oh, yeah. I have to wear them for my cover, you know? It cements my innocence. I've been wearing them for years, but they still hurt my hair." Marinette admitted laughing slightly, Damian frowned.

"If you don't like them, why can't you try some other hair-do that would work?" Marinette didn't respond, he already knew the answer. It wasn't her choice, nothing she did in public was. She was surrounded by a life that wasn't hers... for him. So she could protect him. Damian decided to bring up something he'd been considering.

"You know, Todd had an interesting recommendation... it would mean we could see each other far more often." Damian was sure his father would allow it, like he once said: 'better than the League of Assassins'.

"Really, what is it?" Marinette propped herself up to look at Damian, curious.

"Well... he thought it might be safer- and of course we would see each other more... he recommended that you-" Damian refused to look at Marinette as he coughed awkwardly, he had no idea why he was having trouble speaking.