Chapter 7

Jason waited as Andre studied him, the man quickly scooped ice cream into a cone and handed it to Jason saying:

"Lavender cherry swirl for her calm demeanor but occasional surprises and pumpkin for her hair." Jason frowned, he didn't know many red heads.

"My turn, and I'm married so I hope this turns out well for me!" Dick laughed as he shoved Jason out of the way jokingly. Andre didn't hesitate.

"AH! Cotton candy for her personality, mint for her eyes, and mustard for her uniqueness." Dick's eyes shinned, Jason thought he was a moron for buying into the guys gimmick, but the more the second Robin stared at his ice cream the more it reminded him of someone, he just couldn't place who.

Dick took the ice cream and payed for himself and his brothers before joining them. The rest of the day was filled taunts about Tim's ice cream, Jason went so far as to try and call Stephanie knowing she wouldn't answer, the girls were still on a mission.

Marinette led them back to their hotel, saying goodnight to all the boys before making her way to the bakery.

"Maman, Papa! Is there anything I can do to help?" Marinette asked when she entered the warm bakery, her 'parents' immediately asked her to take the register. The couple had a busy afternoon and needed to finish restocking the small patisserie. Marinette was finding it increasingly more annoying to be the bubbly girl Paris recognized her as.

After getting ready for bed Marinette did the assignments Tom and Sabine gave her, she was allowed to spend the weekend with her betrothed but she still needed to stay sharp. Marinette finished her work and was ready to head to Damian's room when she heard a soft thump on her balcony, someone was there.

The young assassin immediately grabbed the dagger hidden in her desk. On alert, she made her way to the hatch leading to the roof. She now stood on the balcony. Someone covered her mouth from behind. Marinette tried to break free but couldn't. Someone whispered in her ear.

"Relax, Ya Hayati, love, it's just me." Marinette calmed at the sound of Damian's voice, she immediately pulled him into her room.

"I was about to head over to you." Marinette supplied, ruffling his hair like she used to as a child. He always acted like he hated it but Marinette knew he liked it. He wasn't one to express his affection verbally, actions speak louder than words. Little displays of affection, the subtle things, were important to him. Marinette concluded that it was the reason why he preferred interacting with animals.

Damian's eyes burned as he took in Marinette's room, everything was pink. The chaise, walls, bed, even most of her supplies was covered in the bright color, he blinked to try and adjust. How was she living like this? Completely surrounded by a life that isn't hers, the only things that she might have chosen would have been the desk and, the only thing in the room that had no pink, the black full body mirror.

"This is where you live?" Damian knew she had the cover of a bubbly girl but this was extreme.

"I know, it isn't ideal but classmates come over often." Marinette clearly didn't like it, Damian looked at the bulletin board she had by her desk. It was covered in pictures of Marinette and her 'friends' along with pictures from magazines. There was a particular model that seemed everywhere, including the pictures with friends.

"Who is that? The blond?" Damian asked, curious, almost defensive, he could feel Marinette roll her eyes.

"That. That is Adrien Agreste, part of my cover was fawning over the spineless coward. A model, so I use his pictures for 'inspiration'. He's so afraid to disappoint that he sacrifices his morals and happiness for others, he doesn't understand the difference between being nice and being walked over." Damian nodded, he then noticed his class photo in the middle of everything, front and center for all to see.