First Days:Auden

I wake up to my alarm clock and I could not be more exited for the first day of school.I head to my closet where I decide on my cardigan, my light blue polo shirt, and my kakis.I then head to the bathroom to fix my hair and do all the hygienic neccesities.By the time I get downstairs I see my mother in the kitchen making eggs, my favorite."Good morning mom."I say and kiss her on the cheek.She serves me my eggs and I walk over to the table to begin eating.I check the lock and see Emery is going to be late.

"Mom shouldn't someone wake up Emery she's gonna be late?"I ask.

My mom shakes her head and says from the kitchen "She'll wake up.Your father and I are trying to teacher how to be responsible this is just a step in that direction."Sometimes I feel like my mother is way too hard on Emery.I always hear Emery crying in her room and even singing, perks of being next door neighbors with your sister, she's in fact a really good singer but my parents never have asked her about that.I almost feel bad for her.Emery Scott has always been the odd man out in our family.I'm snapped out of my thoughts by my parents bickering I over hear some of it and no doubt its about Emery.Even my dad thinks my mom is a little harsh but my mom wins him over again.My parents then join me at the table and begin eating their breakfast.

"I have this awesome concert my school is hosting Friday you're all gonna come right?"I ask.

"Yes of course Auden."My mom says rubbing my arm.I smile at the gesture.

"Even Emery?"I ask.Everyone stiffens knowing the likely hood isn't possible.I love my sister but she really resents me and I have no idea why.

"I don-"My dad begins but is cut off by my mother.

"Of course Emery.She is apart of this family and she will be there I can promise you that."My mom says and I can tell this is gonna cause some conflict with Emery and her.We all get silent but my mom thankfully changes the subject to her excitement about her wedding planning company opening up an office.She's really exited and I love seeing my mother like this.I then hear my sister run downstairs frantically but when she sees us all eating she freezes.I immediately slide my headphones in knowing that this is gonna cause some drama.After the storm that is Emery calms down and by that I mean she just walks to the door.My mom kisses me and my dad on the cheek and sends us off.

Once we reach the car my dad immediately puts on The Fray and naturally him and I hum along to them.My sister huffs and rolls her eyes.My dad takes note of this and I think just by the looks of him that by the time we have reached my school he has gotten that Emery doesn't even like The Fray.Took him long enough.

I run over to my friends Joseph and Danny, they do band with me which is really fun.We talk about our classes and how we have so much more freedom now that we're middle schoolers.Then Samantha,Danny's crush since literally like 2nd grade, walks over to us.By the time she gets here I look over at Danny and he is sweating like crazy.Why is he so nervous she's just Samantha?Girls used to always make my friends nervous but I've never felt that way my friends think its really cool but I just feel weird in all honesty.

"Hey Auden."She says waving at me.

"Hey Sam."

"I really missed you over the summer."She says rubbing my arm with a giggle.

"Oh really thats nice I guess."

The bell rings saving me from this exchange and I head to my first class.Once I reach that class I realize Sam and I are actually in the same class.I think about sitting with her but I decide against.I see Joseph is in this class as well and I sit next to him.Joseph and me have been friends forever we met on the basketball court in recess back in kindergarten.We've always just hit off Danny and me not so much I mean of course he's my friend but he's always been off towards me for some reason I don't know why.I see Danny walk in and he takes a sit next to me.I don't mind it but I don't love it either.

"Alright kids settle down class has officially begun."Our teacher I believe her name is Miss Craufard says.She then goes into detail about all the usual stuff teachers say at the beginning of the school year.In between this though I notice Samantha looking at me from a far.She's smiling and giggling while twirling her hair.I'm not sure what to think of this so I just ignore it.Danny seems really mad at this thought and keeps glaring at me.I always look away from his stare tho it's really intimidating.

"But for your first project of the year I will have you make a collage of things you love.You will be working in two's and I will allow you to pick your partners so go ahead pick."Miss Craufard says clearly dismissing us.I see Sam walk over to me and I almost consider backing away.

"Hey Auden."She says with a smile.

"Hey Sam what's up?"

"Oh nothing I was just wondering if you would want to work on the project together?"I don't know what to say.Yes.I should say yes.But before I can even say yes Danny puts his arm around and me and says "Sorry Sam but actually me and Scotty over here are working together but maybe next time."

"O-okay.Sorry."She walks off and I sort of feel bad for her.But for some reason Danny's arm around me feels weird and I don't know what to do.

"Sorry Scott I just thought working together would be fun."He removes his arm from around me and punches my shoulder.

"Y-Yeah of course.Lets work on it tomorrow after school.My place."

"Cool."The bell rings."See you around Scott."Danny says patting my shoulder then walking off.The rest of the day is pretty normal.When I get home I show my parents this new set I learned how to do on my Tuba but in the middle of it my sister storms in and runs into her room.I notice one of her cheeks are bruised and the other has a slap mark but both have tear stains.She runs into her room and I immediately stop playing.My parents call after her but after they hear the faucet run they stop.I eat my dinner and head to my room to head to bed.But before I do I see a text from Danny saying "Can't wait for tomorrow Scott xx."I smile at the text and fall asleep wondering what the hell is the feeling in my stomach right now?