The Night Out-The Scotts

Emery's P.O.V

         I slam my locker door, shot and feeling myself jump at the sound.I question myself with the arch of my brow,I've been really jumpy lately and I have no idea why.Last night's events we're anything but normal, the roller coaster of emotions have left me feeling literally hung over."Emery, can we please talk?"Addy says stepping in front of me.God, this girl just doesn't give it a rest.

"No."I deadpan trying to move past her but she stops me.If there one thing Addy has always been it's stubborn and persistent which I don't have time for.I have a lot of things on my mind from my parents to my mom and even to tonight where Jessica has this 'plan' that I have to come tonight to unravel.

"Emery,I know I messed up big time but look, we've been best friends since we were born.It's always been Emery and Addy since day one.No pudding cup mishap or boy would ever come between that remember?Our mom's are going out Friday night and your Dad is coming over to watch a hockey game with my Dad.Maybe you should just come over and-"

"No.Because I do remember all of those things but taking a pudding cup in kindergarten and going to the spring fling with an 7th grade crush, is nothing compared to what you put me through.Nothing at all."I can see tears springing in her eyes and there by making me feel something.She's my best friend, no matter what.

"Please Emery.I need you right now.I need my best friend."Her lip quivers.I sigh and grab her arm pulling her into a more private area because I am not about to cry in front of the school.

"Addy ,I just can't right now."I try to calm her, putting my hands on her arms and rubbing slowly.I look past her to see Caleb, leaning against the locker and looking at me."I really need to go okay?"

"Emery,just please.I need to show you something."

"I can't friday."I say.

"Saturday?"

"Fine."I head over to Caleb who when I get close enough straightens up immediately."Hey."

"Hi."I stick my hands in my pockets and look up at him."What do you want?"

"Emery,what are you doing?What's wrong with you?Why is your hair pink and-"

"What,Caleb?You trying to say I look like shit?"I ask with an eyebrow raised crossing my arm over my chest.

"No.Emery you could never look like shit.Your the most beautiful girl I have ever seen."He says softly.He reaches up and cups my face, caressing my cheeks gently."That's why I want to know why the fuck you were in a strip club, late at night with all those were men?"

I roll my eyes and move his hands off of me."You we're doing really well too."

"What do you mean?"

"You're not my boyfriend Caleb.Get over it.You messed it up, not me."

"I didn't know there was something to mess up."

"Well, now you do."I shrug my arms and walk away.I silently wipe the tears under my eyes, this boy really needs to stop making me cry.

***

I go into the strip club at the time that Jessica had told me too.She had said something about making more money which is exactly what I need right now.I can't go back home but I can't not pay rent.The second I enter the strip club,I make my way to locker room only to be snatched away by someone.

I start screaming and fidgeting around, moving to stop drop and roll."Emery,It's Jessica!Relax."

"Oh.Oh my god."I say letting out a light laugh holding my hand to my chest.