Love,Lies and Secrets:Emery

Principle Seth coughs breaking our moment.My dad and mother shoot him a glare and he looks away."So are you good now love?"My dad asks me.

"Yea Dad I'm fine."I check the clock and see that it's only 10:00 but I have no desire to go back to school and wear that tight ass cheer uniform.Cheer!Shit I have practice today at 3.I'm so fucked.

"Emery you okay there?"My mom asks clearly noticing that I'm out of it.

"Yea.Yea I'm fine lets just go."I force a smile to try to ease her worry.Based my dad and hers shared expression I can tell I didn't succeed.

I walk toward the door and they awkwardly follow.We begin walking to the car and when we see a bunch of guys with camera's.Shit.

"Dad."

"Shit.Shit.Shit."He says frantically and running his hands through his hair.My thoughts exactly Dad.

"Emery get in the car honey."My mom tries to push me to the car but I stop her.

"No.I need to do this."I feel the lump growing in my throat.

"Emery."My dad tries to protest.

"No I need this."I turn to him with pleading and tearful eyes.He just gives me a nod and I give him one back.I walk toward the invaders and they all immediately begin yelling shit I can't understand anyway.

"Stop!Just shut up for a second and I will tell you all I want you to know and thats it."I yell.All of them shut up clearly taken a back from what I yelled but honestly I could care less.I take a breathe and hold back my tears.

"I was in a abusive relationship.With a person whose name I will not disclose for privacy reasons.As much as I hate this person for what they did to me and believe me I hate him with everything in me.I don't want him getting any publicity and I will not be giving him a platform to spread lies which he sure as will and try to make it seem like my story is a lie.I will not be sharing all the details of my story because I think the word "abusive relationship sums it up."He abused me in every possible way.Whether it be mentally or physically and now a days women and girls like me feel like its there fault.I finally opened up to my support system, my family and my best friend, and then the situation was handled.But some people don't have what I have.Some people have to walk this hard and bumpy road all alone.And that is the only reason I am even talking to you mindless selfish vultures prying on a girl who just had to face her abuser for money or publicity.Besides that fact I want people whether boy or girl to know there not alone and that is why I am telling this to you.If you're reading or watching this and you are in a domestic relationship I know it is so hard to let it go because even though they don't love you, you love them and that is not a bad thing but rather a human thing.It takes strength to get out of it and to all the women who did you are amazing and I applaud you.But to the women who haven't you are strong enough to do it and you are not alone in this situation."I take a breathe."So now that I have said what I needed to say.Get out of my face and don't you ever talk to me again."I realize that I have tears streaming down my face when I walk back to my parents.They both are crying just like me.They pull me into a hug and I say "I love you guys so much."Realizing I hadn't said it in a while.

"We love you too Em."My mom says."You are the strongest girl I know."My mom pulls away and cupping my cheeks.My dad then pulls me to him and tells me "I promised you when you were little nothing like this would ever happen and i-."

I quite him by pulling him close to me "Dad please.I need you to stop focusing on what you didn't do and start focusing on what you did do.I love you daddy."

"God we're such saps."My dad jokes and we all laugh.I used to just laugh through the pain but for the first time in a while it's genuine.

"Um mom.Dad.I have something I really wanna tell you and I hope you will be supportive of it because it's something I'm really passionate about and I want you to be there with me."They look weirded out but what I have to say but thankfully stay silent allowing me to continue on."I'm a cheerleader."

"Thats where I've been the entire summer at camp and I actually have practice this afternoon."I say my dad just looks in shock and my mom shares the same expression.

"say something please?"I ask preying that they will except it and not completely shit on the one thing I actually enjoy.

"We're just surprised"My mom says and at the same time my dad says "Are you any good?".They give each-other a look and we all start bursting into laughter.

"Em we support you and even though I have my thoughts about the clothing I am willing to try to understand it if you really want to."My dad says and my mom nods along agreeing.

I laugh at his clear struggle to say those words but reply "Well in response to what you said yesterday we don't just support football players egos at there games.We actually compete and in fact we have a little show case in November and I actually would really want my parents there to cheer me on."I smile.

"Yes!Of course sweetheart."My mom kisses my forehead and my dad follows after her.We then get into a car and I decide its time to share some more news with them.

"Oh and by the way grandma Kimberly and grandpa vance knew about it and they helped pay for all the expenses."I smile innocently.

"Jesus christ call that fucker now Tessa."He says seriously shit.

"No don't mom they were just supporting me."

"But Emery we could have supported you and they didn't tell us."

"Well dad I don't mean to be disrespectful or anything but I didn't feel like you would support me."I say and my dad immediately calms.

He then sighs a fine."Thank you dad."I kiss his cheek and he smirks.

"Okay so now that all that dramas done what do you want to do since we all got the day off?"My mom asks.

"I want chick-fil-a."I respond.I'm so hungry and I didn't realize it until now.

"But I wan't Taco Be-"

"Chick-fil-a"My mom and I say together.My dad huffs in annoyance but sure enough he puts the car in drive and we are on our way to get some chicken sandwiches.