Episode 6.3

CHAPTER THIRTY SIX
❛ THE DERRY GIRLS ❜

at least i was there  //  the 88simple song     //     the shins ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

at least i was there // the 88
simple song     //     the shins
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

WHEN CECILIA WOKE UP AT SEVEN she decided that it was better for her not to go to the rally. But then nearly a half hour later just as she stepped out of the shower she received a call from Michelle telling her to get her ass moving since Clare had been camping in front of the stage and was now having a hard time defending their spots against the 'vicious predators' who also wanted the top spots. So Cecilia had no choice but to change into the jean skirt, white button up shirt and sneakers she had chosen earlier in the week. Cecilia tied her hair into a ponytail and pulled up her socks before walking to the breakfast table.

"What're these?" She asked upon noticing the food her mother had laid out.

"American pancakes." Tiffany responded proudly.

"Okay, but why'd you make American pancakes? What's wrong with our normal pancakes?" Cecilia questioned as she sat down in her regular seat.

"Nothing is wrong with regular pancakes," her mother rolled her eyes. "I decided to make American pancakes because the President is coming to visit."

"And is he......coming to our flat or something?" She picked up one of the fluffy pancakes and placed them on her plate.

"Good to see you've got your sense of humour back, love." Aaron said through a mouth full of American pancakes making Cecilia smile weakly.

"Have it with honey," Tiffany pushed the jar forward.

"Honey?"

"Well, I read somewhere that you're supposed to have it with maple syrup but since we don't have maple syrup, the honey will have to do."

Cecilia nodded and drizzled the honey over the pancakes. Her parents watched as she scoffed down in an animalistic manner before gulping down her orange juice.

"I need to go," she explained as she wiped her mouth against a tissue. "Clare's been saving our spots at Guildhall Square since last and we don't know how long she can hold off other people."

"They're airing Clinton's speech on the telly, you know." Tiffany said as she watched Cecilia hurriedly put on her jean jacket. "You could just watch it from here- at least then you'd get a good look at his face."

"Right, but I'm not skipping school just to watch Bill Clinton's speech on the telly."

"You're skipping school? I thought you told me that they've given you a holiday."

"They have." Cecilia bent down and kissed her fathers cheek before rushing to the door. "Bye! I love you two!"

Aaron chuckled. "She's your daughter, alright." He told his wife before putting a few more pieces of pancakes into his mouth.