Chapter 10 - Don't Waste Your Time

[September 2001]

You awake? Show just got done and I'm bored.

Yes Nick my show just got done too. I'm in Montreal right now about to leave on my bus for Hartford. Where are u?

Boston.....bad memories of this place will be here until tuesday morning then leaving for toronto

I'll be in boston monday but not for long leave early the next morning for a video shoot

maybe we can meet up and hang out for an hour or two....

maybe but it depends

we don't have to if you don't want to harley

no I don't know what my schedule is just wait til monday :)

Nick sat in the back of his bus that Monday afternoon, staring at his cell phone. Harley hadn't texted him in three hours. The last text he got was to tell him that she was in Boston but had interviews to do. All she had to do was text him and he was going to head over to the arena she was playing and see her.

They had been texting one another since the VMA's. Brian said it was a good sign that she was open to being friends and he thought so too. But she seemed so hesitant about seeing one another in person in Boston and hanging out. Or maybe she really was that busy.

Then his phone vibrated. He opened it quickly, smiling to see it was a message from Harley.

hey, im getting a migraine and going to lie down and hope it goes away before the show we'll see one another and hang out soon I promise :)

Nick sighed. He knew she did have problems with migraines sometimes, especially when she was stressed.

Harley laid in the back of our tour bus with the blinds shut so that the room was as dark as it possibly could be. She wanted to see Nick and grab a bite to eat or something, but the stress that she was under from her record label and management was unbearable. They wanted her to move back into country and drop the pop thing, but she didn't want to. She didn't want to put a label on her music and if they couldn't understand that, she didn't know what else to do.

She sighed, feeling her phone vibrate and smiled, knowing it was Nick.

you stressed? Im here if u want to talk. im going to hold u to that promise ;)

She smiled, closing her phone and holding it up to her chest. He was the only person in the world who realized she only got migraines when she was stressed. She opened her phone back up, sending him a message.

Nick smiled, hearing his phone vibrate. He opened it up to see it was Harley and opened the message.

i will call you when I land in lalaland 2morrow okay? maybe I can fly out to a show soon I do love canada ;)

Nick sent her a smiley face back in a message and jumped up, running through the bus. He opened the door, practically leaping off his bus and ran up to Brian's bus. He tried opening the door, only to realize that it was locked. He started banging on it, yelling for Brian to open it until finally he did.

"Dude, I was asleep," Brian muttered, scratching his head. "What's up?"

"Read this," Nick said as he handed Brian his cell phone.

"I will call you when I land in La La Land tomorrow okay? Maybe I can fly out to a show soon. I do love Canada, wink," Brian said, looking up at Nick. "La La Land?"

"That's what she's always called L.A.," Nick smiled. "This is a good sign, right?" Brian nodded and smiled. "I think it's a good sign."

"So not seeing her today?" Brian asked as Nick climbed onto Brian's bus and sat down in the driver's seat. He shook his head and looked up at Brian who stood in front of him. "Why not? You're in the same town."

"She's got a migraine right now. She has them when she's stressed and she has a show tonight. She's got to get up really early to fly back to L.A. for a video shoot for that song she sung the other night," Nick said, putting his phone in his pocket.

"You don't think she's lying about the migraine, do you?"

"Nah, she hates 'em. She wouldn't lie about it. If she didn't want to see me, she'd say so," Nick said, crossing his arms across his chest. "I just need to figure out if she just wants to be friends or go back to the way we were."

"Just wait it out buddy," Brian said as Nick smiled. "And if you get her back, then don't fuck up again."